July 2012 Moms
Options

IUD removal ? *update in last comment

grimesk12grimesk12 member
edited June 2014 in July 2012 Moms
Hi ladies! I'm getting my mirena out tomorrow (Monday) at 10am. I'm nervous about what to expect since it hurt going in. Also the dr at urgent care a few months ago couldn't find the strings. An ultrasound showed it was in the correct spot. TIA for any advice/insight!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IUD removal ? *update in last comment

• Options
    lada85lada85 member
    I had mine taken out because of issues, but I didn't feel a thing! It was out before I even knew it and the doc said ok you can get down. Hopefully yours will go easy too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not TTC. I've been having side effects and just want a normal sex life again. So I'm hoping having it out will help and if not we'll try a sex therapist.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wheeler- thanks for the description. I'll be sure to post after it's out.

Onion lady- I am shocked that your friend removed her own. I can't even find my string lol.

• Options

I didn't even realize it was being taken out. It was so fast and I didn't feel anything. Though I ws lucky and barely felt anything going in. A friend of mine actually pulled hers out herself....yeah....yeah....

What?!? I could barely even feel the strings, how do you grip them on your own? Especially since, you know...slippery. And why DIY instead of having the doc do it? What if you pull your vagina inside out????

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    grimesk12grimesk12 member
    edited June 2014
    Okay laides. Here's my awful IUD removal experience. So the OB discussed my reasons for wanting it out and agreed. So I'm in her stirrups and she starts her routine stuff. Then a few mins later she says you'll feel cramping bc I'm lookin for the string. Ok I think. Well it was like the worst cramping ever and she says hmm I can't seem to find the string. Let me try something else bc I can feel the end of the IUD. So she tugs and I feel pressure and then she tells me I'm bleeding. Okay now I'm getting worried. She asks the nurse to go get a different hook thing. So the nurse comes in with this long utensil looking thing with a hook on the end and the OB shows me and says I'm going to try and "catch" your string. So basically at this point she's fishing for my string. Okay so that didn't work. So after 30 mins of no success I'm now having to schedule a surgical removal. The dr is trying to get the ultrasound report from GA or she'll have to do another one this week. I'm worried that the IUD is embedded or something bc of the bleeding and pain I felt. The ob didn't say much except this happens sometimes and we'll see what the ultrasound shows. I'll post again once I know more.

• Options
    OMG! That sounds so horrible! Hope everything works out well for you
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! That sounds awful...hope all goes well with the surgery!
  • Options
    lada85lada85 member
    That's awful! Please keep us updated!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I didn't hear back from the doctor so I'm hoping I'll know tomorrow if I have to go in for an ultrasound. Trixi- the OB told me the only way to get the IUD out at this point is surgery bc they can't locate the strings to pull it out.

• Options
    I'm so sorry your IUD removal didn't go well! I hope they can find the ultrasound images so you don't have to get a new one done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"