Success after IF
Options

S/O Anxiety

What are things you worry about with your children? I don't want to instill the same fears my mother had and that I had to overcome to become a functional adult.
How do you obtain a balance between teaching your child to be safe and to trust but not be too trusting?
My big fear is gun violence especially because I live in such a gun crazed state. Maybe it's over the top but before L is allowed to play at someone's house I need to know that their guns are safely stored out of reach of curious children. I fired a very highly recommended worker because he insisted on bringing his gun into my house while installing floors.
TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: S/O Anxiety

• Options
    I feel silly typing this but my parents are from a different country and didn't speak English while I was growing up so they never trusted ANYONE! And now I don't trust anyone. I mean like I don't believe in day care and told DH before we got married I would only have kids if I could be a SAHM until they are in school.

My nieces go to a great day care and are very advanced for their age but I can't let go of this not trusting anyone fear. My parents always made me feel like anyone could kidnap you or abuse you in any situation.

My dad use to sit outside the movies when I was there with friends in case I needed him. I was 16 years old. I can totally see myself being that crazy too.

It also doesn't help that I watch the news a lot. You can't even trust police officers sometimes. I don't want H to grow up with my paranoia so I told DH to check me when he thinks I'm being crazy. I'm going to be a wreck when H goes to kindergarten. Yeah we are skipping preschool.... I'm horrible.

I really don't balance my crazy, DH just tries to reason with me.
  • Options
    I'm a little psychotic this time around. I am very anxious about lots of things but like pp, I think about cancer a lot. Most of my worrying is about me getting sick and leaving my kids behind so young and them never knowing how much I love them. I had some panic attacks right after DS was born prompted by those thoughts but I think it was part of my "baby blues" recovery time. I worry about my kids getting sick. I have anxiety when they are away from me. And I also worry a lot about my husband getting sick or into an accident. The anxiety has lessened a bit each week but it's still there. I really thought I was the only one who felt this way!
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Having 2 girls, I am so worried about them getting my body issues. I have a very negative self image. I want my girls to have confidence. I want them to eat healthy, and be active, but not tie their self worth to their dress size.

But on the other hand, I want them to be fit so they don't have to deal with the struggles (mental, physical, emotional) and judgments that come with being overweight. But I don't want them obsessing over weight and calories and exercise as a kid. It's an impossible middle ground that I want for them.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I used to really worry about SIDS and was so, so glad that he was delayed in his rolling over abilities so that he stayed on his back in the crib. Even now at 16 months I make sure I hear breathing in his room before I go to bed. 

I try hard not to hover - like when he falls on his butt all the time with this toddling stage I say "kaboom!" in a silly way instead of "are you ok" or "uh-oh." He'll let me know if he's not ok - he's not shy! I do worry about head injures - I think that's from the news and concussions in sports and everything. Kid hits his head 10 times a day with banging into things, tables, falling, banging a toy, leaning down, you name it, he's conked it. Can i
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Options
    I think all the fears people listed are totally normal. I myself worry about people abusing my kids. I'm always worried it's going to be someone of someone I know. For no known reason. I just hate that kids when they are little can not communicate if someone is hurting them and if they are able to they would be too afraid. I was never abused in my life yet it is something I think about even with my inlaws. My husband's parents are crazy number one and two had sexual abuse growing up. Other then that I have the normal worries about ds getting hurt at the playground so im that crazy parent that hovers when he goes down the slide and constantly jumps when I get nervous he will fall. Eh.. the joys of parenting. I don't think any of these fears go away..we just add other fears to the ones we have!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"