3rd Trimester
Options

Holy Hemroids!

OMG this pain is unbearable! Can't sit, stand, walk or lay comfortably. Can anyone recommend a pain reliever???? I gave tried tucks, perpetration H, ice... Nothing is helping. :-(

Re: Holy Hemroids!

• Options
    I had my first hemmroid experience this week.  Took a few days, Tried to sit delicately.....  started to use cottonelle type wipes instead of toilet paper after i went to the bathroom.  Today is a better day and feel 90% better!  Also found some maternity underwear today so i think that's helping me be more comfortable and give my growing body more confort. 

I hope you feel better soon!  Have you tried baths with epson salts? If i didn't get relief today I was going to try that.
    Married 08-04-13
    BFP 12-31-13
    EDD 09-01-14

image"Lilypie">

• Options
    You can try witch hazel wipes as well. Witch hazel is well known for inflammation and rawness relief.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Witch hazel helps. I would soak a pad and just keep it in there for a few hours. Smells funny, but helps. :)

Prep H is great to help as an external painkiller, but try taking some Tylenol or Advil as well.

Definitely start wiping with something less abrasive. I found the Cotonelle wet wipes were amazing on my sensitive hind end.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    in addition to what you've already mentioned I would try the sitz baths and wet wipes for cleaning. That helped relieve mine along with the prep H wipes.
  • Options
    I hear ya sista!!! I know what has helped me is D all of the above. Most important make sure you wipe it really clean i mean get up in there. I used wipes and also the medicated witch hazel wipes, then i use prep h.At night if i am really uncomfortable i will sleep with the witch hazel wipes tucked up in there and by the next day alot of the swelling is gone. 
  • Options
    Yup I used Witch hazel wipes.
  • Options
    I just drank tons of water and tried to take a bath or shower after each trip to the bathroom. Witch hazel sounds good. Wish I had thought of that.

• Options
    Loved the witch hazel pads, sitting on an ice pack, and cottonelle wipes, too.  Also, started eating 1-2 prunes after every meal (& sometimes for a snack).  I thought they'd be awful to eat, but they weren't bad.  Within 2 days, I was back to normal - thank goodness.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    2-3 warm Epsom salt baths helps ALOT and earth mama angel baby bottom balm
  • Options
    Ask your OB about the Rx cream. Can't recall the name, but it numbs the hemmroid. MOST AMAZING CREAM EVER!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had hemorrhoids even before pregnancy but the pain I'm experiencing now is unlike any I've bad before! It hurts to just pee because of putting pressure down there to go. I've tried the cooling gel and witch hazel pads and neither seem to help. The last two days I sat in the tub with Epsom salts and I felt better for a while but not long after I got out I was in pain again. Last night I got an ice pack and wrapped it in a paper towel and put it between my cheeks and it felt amazing. The most relief I've had yet. Hoping you find relief soon, these things are just awful!
  • Options
    This may be TMI but it totally works and it relieves the pain instantly... after a BM clean your rear with whatever works but clean it well. Next grab some preparation H or any hemorrhoid cream and tucks or witch hazel wipes you need both cream and wipes lay down use gloves if you want but apply cream to your hemorrhoids carefully tuck 1 into your rectum at a time you will need to relax so that they go in further you don't need to push them to far just the tip of your finger will do the 1st line on your middle finger is good enough but relaxing your muscles is key when you tucked them all in u should feel relieved then take the wipe and tuck it as usual ..... I was in tears one day after a BM I had 6 hemorrhoids bulging so I had to try something different this is the best thing I ever thought of and if you have a loving partner they could help .... this works whn nothing else will.... GOOD LUCK LADIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"