Parenting

Paypal fraud

Anyone ever deal with this? And hopefully have a good outcome...

Got a phone call this morning to authorize a payment from DH's paypal for $1,800!!  He did not confirm it, but went onto paypal and the transaction was already authorized and went through.  Obviously changed his password and sent in a dispute.  Just worried that for whatever reason they won't find it fraudulent or it will take a long time to get our money back.  Also, there isn't even 1800 dollars in the bank account that the money is supposed to come from so I think we'll be hit with overdraft fees as well. 

Just...ugh. 

Re: Paypal fraud

• It hapoened to MH a few years ago & he did get his money back, but i can't remember how long it took
  • Oh no! Hope it's resolved quickly.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We've always had good luck with paypal
  • Oh no! I'm sorry that really sucks.  Hopefully they return the money fast.  

2 Beautiful Boys 11.7.03 & 4.23.13
  • This happened to me a few years ago.  All of a sudden I had a purchase for over $2800 on paypal.  My bank account flagged it and refused to pay it because it was a rarely used on, it only had about $12 in it.  I didn't even get overdrafted, they just denied it completely.

Can your H pull money out of the account prior to it being taken for paypal?  And call the bank telling them an unauthorized purchase was made?

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"