May 2014 Moms

Where does your LO sleep?

Where does your LO sleep? For some reasons I really think ds does not like his bassinet. He has reflux and I can't seem to get a good angle incline on it for him. I could be wrong but I am thinking about trying him in his crib to see if it makes a difference. For those of you who have your LO in a crib already, how old is your LO? Ds is 6 weeks. Did the transition go smoothly? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where does your LO sleep?

• Ds is in his basket. But he is getting too long for it. We're going to move his floor bed into our room but need to figure out how to incline it a bit so that he doesn't gag (does sometimes) but not so much he can scoot down to the bottom like he does in his basket.
  • LO is 5 weeks. Just transitioned him from the rnp to the cosleeper this weekend. With both he slept in our room.
  • Loading the player...
  • In her crib in her room. No transition though since she has been there since day 1. She is 6 weeks.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• LO is 8 weeks old. He slept in a bassinet next to our bed until he was 6 weeks old, then we put him in his crib. No "transition", we just started one night. He did great and loves his crib.
  • She's in a PNP until next week when we move and she gets her own room. Then she will be in her crib (hopefully).
  • We put her in her crib two nights ago.we put her on the bumpy to sit her up a little like she likes and shes still likes swaddling so she can not really go anywhere.It has went really well.Also sounds bad but mommy gets the bed back to herself since dh works nights.
  • QOTRQOTR member
    We don't have a bassinet or anything else, so our 4.5 week old has either slept in his crib in his room, in our arms or a couple of times, in his swing in the living room.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Do any of you NOT have them on an incline?

If D'S gets a lot in one feed and doesn't burp well he tends to get red and gag as it goes out the nose too. This worries me when he goes to his floor bed as we're not sure if we can incline it. He tends to scoot down in his basket but that has a bottom to stop him. Mind you its only happens maybe 5 times but if he's on his back I worry he won't be able to get it out properly.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing. I know burping him will take care of it. And I try not to offer both breasts back to back to prevent it. I try to give him a breather in between.

Sigh.
  • ns1ns1 member

Do any of you NOT have them on an incline?

If D'S gets a lot in one feed and doesn't burp well he tends to get red and gag as it goes out the nose too. This worries me when he goes to his floor bed as we're not sure if we can incline it. He tends to scoot down in his basket but that has a bottom to stop him. Mind you its only happens maybe 5 times but if he's on his back I worry he won't be able to get it out properly.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing. I know burping him will take care of it. And I try not to offer both breasts back to back to prevent it. I try to give him a breather in between.

Sigh.

DD never slept on an incline and has always slept like a dream. (Don't get me started on DS and sleep though and he is on an incline. )

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do any of you NOT have them on an incline? If D'S gets a lot in one feed and doesn't burp well he tends to get red and gag as it goes out the nose too. This worries me when he goes to his floor bed as we're not sure if we can incline it. He tends to scoot down in his basket but that has a bottom to stop him. Mind you its only happens maybe 5 times but if he's on his back I worry he won't be able to get it out properly. Maybe I'm just over analyzing. I know burping him will take care of it. And I try not to offer both breasts back to back to prevent it. I try to give him a breather in between. Sigh.

Neither of my kids have ever slept on an incline. However, they also almost never spit up.
    AVT - 12.2.11

• Hmm. I think once I get a few days of none of that gagging or spitting up I'l feel better and more comfortable. 

I did get an angel care monitor too, so help give me a piece of mind.
  • Fwiw, Most times, babies tend to sleep with their head to one side. So even if they spit up while laying flat, it's likely going to dribble out anyway.
    AVT - 12.2.11

• spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited June 2014
    Our LO is not on an incline, but she doesn't have reflux either. She has spit up while lying flat, both asleep and while having her diaper changed. It was just like drool trickling out. If she was having forceful spit ups, I'd be more likely to keep her elevated. 

She sleeps in her pack n play with us at night. During the day, bouncer, swing, or on us. We want to transition to the crib when we get longer stretches of sleep at night. She's 5.5 weeks.
  • DS sleeps in his crib, he is 5 1/2 weeks. We put him in there at 3 weeks. We tried the PNP and he just seemed to hate it and wouldn't sleep well. Then we used the RNP which I do love and he sleeps well in it, but I was worried he may get used to the incline and not like his crib. Our transition went smoothly. He still naps in the RNP.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• P got too long for his bassinet, so he's in the PNP. It was oddly emotional for me. He's 7.5 weeks. I don't plan on moving him to his crib until AT LEAST 3 months.
  • Do any of you NOT have them on an incline?

Sigh.

My LO has reflux but does not sleep on an incline. I keep her sitting upright for about 20 min after her feedings and have not had any problems with her sleeping flat.
  • We've had a few different sleep scenarios and locations since she was born. I really wanted her in her own room from the beginning. She did great the first few weeks in her nursery in the bassinet (we rolled a towel under the pad to give it a slight incline. 

Then we hit the 3 week growth spurt and her reflux symptoms peaked. A friend gave me a RNP and we kept her in that in our room. That lasted about 2 weeks. When DH went back to work, we moved her back to her room (still in the RNP).

Now we're in the 8 week "wonder week", so her sleep has been really disrupted. Last night I caved and put the RNP back in our room. She actually spent most of the night sleeping on her side next to me in bed after falling asleep nursing in the side-lying position. 

I've posted a few times looking for other's experience/advice about her sleeping, and the consensus is "do whatever works at this age". I'll put her back in her room tonight and see how it goes. If I have to keep getting up again she'll be back in with us. 
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Thanks everyone. He spits up on the change table and during the night and that's no biggie.

It's this gag thing that has happened. But he's awake when it happens. Maybe it's so intense because he's fighting it. He goes red and then the milk comes out and he cries. He's never gone blue. But I've always seen it happen that I know of as he cries. It's only happened like 5 times and my doctor and midwife were not concerned. Said it's just part of development and as long as it's not consistent it's just happens.

I can equate it to getting water up your nose and that choke you experience. Feels awful but passes fast.

Maybe I'll take the incline from his basket first and see how it goes since its right beside me.
  • DS sleeps in rnp and naps in crib. Going through 6 week growth spurt now, so lots of sleeping on me recently.
  • Dd has reflux and gags anytime she is on her back flat so she naps on her belly and sleeps in a rock n play at night. I am def worried about transitioning to crib but id rather have a hard Time with that than my poor babe having to gag n get acid in her throat ask night
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD is almost 8wks and sleeps next to me in her bassinet but naps during the day in her crib. She seems to like her crib but I am still too much of an anxious FTM to not have her next to me at night. I will likely start putting her in her crib for the night either at 3 months or as soon as she is out of the swaddle, whichever comes first.

She's never slept on an incline.
  • We have DS in the newborn napper on his PnP next to our bed. We try to put him down for a nap at least once a day in his crib with mixed results. We will need to put him in the bassinet portion of the PnP soon though because he is getting a little long for the napper, so we need to get him  used to sleeping flat soon.
  • DS naps in his swing or in our arms, and he night time sleeps in his crib in his own room. He is 6wks he has been sleeping in his crib since the day we got home from the hospital. He has no issues sleeping.
  • lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    We try to get DS to sleep in the crib at least once a day. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Otherwise he sleeps in the swing the most and sometimes in the bouncer or PNP. He's 6 1/2 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im so glad to see so many people whose put there LO in their crib my inlaws said i was stupid for getting a crib that we wouldnt use it.Um no DD1 slept in hers since a month.now DD2 isin hers.they think im mean mom for taking baby out of our room.sorry rant over.
  • She sleeps in her RNP. She has reflux also and that's been the best solution.
  • Started in the RnP, and then initiated naps in the crib. At 6 weeks he went to the crib at night no issue

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• She starts off I. Her rnp and ends up in my bed. I would like to try to move her in to her pack n play (no crib) when she starts rolling over

It's a BOY

• DD is 7wks. Sleeps in her crib in her co-sleeper(the kind you would put in your bed). She actually sleeps better in there than in our room now. But from 0-4 weeks she wouldn't sleep anywhere but DH's armpit lol.
    Sometimes she detaches and coughs during feeds. I've started feeding her more upright not laid flat across the Boppy and it really helps maybe give that a try?
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • edited June 2014
    First 5w she slept skin to skin in my armpit/cleavage, week 6 stil in my bed but not touching me, it is now week 7 and I'm moving her to the cosleeper. She'll sleep there at least 6months. Naps are mostly against my boobs in the carrier since I'm out and about with DD1 during the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"