April 2014 Moms
Options

disneyworld with baby

We are going in November so Logan will be 7 months old. Is he able to be held on any rides? Any tips? My mom has volunteered to sit out most rides to watch him since she had surgery and can't handle the rougher rides.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: disneyworld with baby

• Options
    Fun! I don't know the answer, but I found this website online where you might learn more:

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=80&cid=104&page=1
  • Options
    We took my son at 14 months and we're going back in December when dd is 10 months, there is actually a lot-Peter Pan, small world, Ariel---you can take them on anything without a height restriction though there were some that ds did not like that I had not thought through before, for example he could ride Winnie the Pooh, but it was very jerky so he didn't like it. Same for buzz light year. 
    I would consider doing a lot of character experiences. At that age they are likely to find the characters fascinating. 

\image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are waiting til the girls are 3, which will be next year for DD1. 3 is the youngest they will do their hair and make up at the bippity-boppity boutique.
  • Options
    I took DD when she was just a few months old (we had season passes) and there was still a lot we could do. They even have something set up where you can switch off on most of the big rides (I can't remember what it's called) so you don't have to wait in the line twice
  • Options
    There's also a great shaded area to the side of the castle behind some of the shops at Liberty Square that's great for naps. Also, early Nov is the end of Food & Wine Fest at Epcot. It's awesome. Weather is pretty good, but can be hot still. We live in Orlando and have annual passes, haven't taken DD yet bc it is REALLY hot right now.
  • Options
    We usually go either around Halloween or a few weeks before Christmas- less crowds and much more reasonable temperatures!!

You can sort by age for all of the attractions: this is the "all ages" category for MK: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/#/all-ages/

Baby care center maps: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/baby-care-centers/

Places we like to go to "cool off"
    MK- Carousel of Progress, People Mover, Train ride
    Epcot- Spaceship Earth, Ellen's World of Energy 
    Hollywood Studios- Beauty and the Beast show, Great Movie Ride, Muppets show

Hope this helps! I cannot WAIT to take LO to WDW. Counting down the days :)
  • Options
    Just saw this on FB, great info on the Baby Care centers https://www.disneydining.com/top-5-baby-care-center-questions/
  • Options
    steph1977steph1977 member
    edited June 2014
    We're also going, but in Sept., so LO will be almost 5 mths old (DD is 5 1/2). Like pps said, a lot is allowed for "all heights", but use your own good sense. I definitely won't be taking DS on the teacups or in the haunted mansion! The motor speedway also gives off a lot of fumes.
  • Options
    MalyJMalyJ member
    We just got back from Disney two weeks ago and had a blast! LO can be carried on many rides...anything like small world, peterman, great movie ride, etc. I'd recommend taking some kind of carrier as waiting in lines holding him would've been really tiring. We had a simple Chicco front carrier as I didn't want to have to wrap up my moby over and over again. Although I'm not really efficient with my moby.

Definitely utilize the baby swap for the bigger rides LO can't ride. Let's all adults ride without having to wait twice in line.

If you're nursing, I nursed during shows, on rides like small world, stuff like that. There are awesome baby care centers at each park with nursing rooms, changing facilities, and such. They're really nice but there's only one in each park.

Good luck and have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"