March 2015 Moms
Options

First Appt - How Far Along?

How far along will you be for your first appointment? And any idea what that appt will consist of? Should I take DH? My 1st experience was different and I didnt get in there til 10 weeks (we found out late by surprise) and had our nurse appt for family history at a later date. I heard those usually happen first so I wouldn't drag DH to that. Just curious what the norm was.
                Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

Re: First Appt - How Far Along?

• Options
    I have my OB coordinator appt and prenatal exam scheduled back to back at 10 weeks.  My husband will go with me.  I'm not sure what to expect since it's my first.
  • Options
    I'm having a confirmation appt at 5w2d and not planning on bringing H along. No point in him taking vacation time to watch me pee in a cup and get bloodwork.

I'll find out from there when my first ultrasound will be.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Intake appt at 8 weeks and then first appt with Dr later that week. It should be ten weeks but I'm away and then she is away. DH is going to try and make every appt but we have flexible work schedules.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    With my first I went in about 4 weeks for a confirmation appt.  I POAS (peed on a stick) and then they gave me a lot of information about prenatal care and the different options their facility offers.  With this one I was given the option of going in for that appointment, or just waiting for my 8 week to get my u/s and labs.  I chose to skip the confirmation appointment.

Cliff notes:  1st pregnancy-4 weeks, this pregnancy-8 weeks
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Intake appt at 8 weeks and then first appt with Dr later that week. It should be ten weeks but I'm away and then she is away. DH is going to try and make every appt but we have flexible work schedules.
    Does he have any kind of paternity leave?  MH is planning on putting in for his and using it to make it to some appointments.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    erinelerinel member
    I'm going in Monday at 4w5d because I've been having spotting, but usually my doctor has you come in between 7-8 weeks for the first ultrasound.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
    My first appt I'll be 7w1d.  MH will be there with me since I will be having an U/S.  He likes to go to any appt that they'll be a chance to see the baby, plus we're both nervous to get confirmation that everything's ok after we lost my last pregnancy.

With my first pregnancy with LO, he only came to appts when I had an U/S (so like 3).  But I always seemed to be the only one in the waiting room with no SO!  I didn't see the need for him to come every time but it seemed we were in the minority at my dr office.
  • Options
    Last time my doctor scheduled my first appointment for 8 weeks and it was intake, blood and ultrasound. I'm assuming it will be the same this time around. I'm going to bring dh since he has flexible hours and an ultrasound is involved.
  • Options
    1st appointment is at 9 weeks. It is mostly for a dating U/S where they will also pick up the HB and check to see that everything looks good. First talk with midwife after the U/S. 
  • Options
    TY ladies! I'm curious to see if we even get a first ultrasound. With DD I did not - but since I was already 10 weeks, he just went for the heartbeat - so maybe that's why? Unfortunately DH couldn't be there and I was devastated. So I had one ultrasound (the anatomy scan) and he attended, and then he came to one appt just to meet the doctor. He didn't want to go to all of them and I didn't blame him (or bother even pushing the topic). They were in and out kind of visits. And he wanted to save all his time off for the birth (he was able to take 2 weeks vacation to help me after my emergency c section). He doesn't get paternity leave - but "family time off" (basically if family members are sick or hospitalized. So my hospital stay he took those hours - the rest had to be vaca). I only want to take him to visits where he will see and hear stuff lol.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    I think the what to expect at the first appointment varies a lot by doctor. I haven't had any sort of nurse or on coordinator meeting that others have mentioned for either of my pregnancies (different OBs). I think I had a dating ultrasound at both, but I know not everyone does them. This time that appt will be at 9 weeks, but both previous pregnancies were right around 8 weeks.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Since I was already technically under the care of my RE (though I never had a treatment cycle), they are following their standard protocol for pregnancy- beta to confirm, second beta to check for doubling and a 6 week ultrasound before releasing me to an OB. My first beta was Thursday (91!), Monday is my second beta, and my ultrasound will be scheduled at that time.
    Me & DH: 24 Married: 5/11
    Started TTC: 12/12 Testing Started: 5/14
    Dx: Irregular Ovulation, possible PCOS
    Treatment starting July '14: Letrozole + Trigger + TI
    Surprise natural BFP right before starting meds!!!!!- EDD 3/7/15

• Options
    Intake interview over the phone will be 7w4d and first appointment is 8w4d (I think?) DH will likely not be attending. 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2Swanns2Swanns member
    edited June 2014
    I'll be 8 weeks. The first appointment at my practice, which is docs and midwives, is an informational session with several other pregnant women. We are encouraged to bring our SO's. They go over the do's and dont's, what to expect over the coming months, things to think about for your first medical appointment, and so on. Then you meet one-on-one with a midwife to come up with your plan.

A week later, I'll go in for my first medical appointment which may include an ultrasound depending on what the midwife suggests based on the initial appointment/info session.

What's really cool is that this practice holds many group sessions that you have the option of attending on a regular basis with other women who are the same gestational age as you. This is wonderful for me because I'll have other women to share experiences with and maybe meet some friends. We just moved to this area, so it's a great way to maybe form some friendships.

• Options
    My first one is next week, I'll be 6 weeks and change.  Not exactly sure what will be done, since this is my first so I've never had one... and they didn't tell me.  But I'm bringing H, since he's not working that day.

• Options
    I have an appt at 5w2d to talk to the nurse about prenatal care (I am sure I will be peeing in a cup for them to confirm pregnancy or possibly bloodwork. I'm not sure bc this is my first time with this practice). I have an ultrasound with my doctor at 8w2d. I'm not sure if that will include a physical exam since I just had one with her in March. MH will try to make this appt. He was only able to make my first ultrasound with my daughter. I don't understand why so many people drag their husbands to every appt. I often felt like I was the only one alone with my daughter's pregnancy. I also had a Doppler at home so he didn't really need to go to hear the hb either.
    My DH likes to go to every appointment.  We always heard the heartbeat and the Dr. always had some advice/suggestion based on what was going on.  He wanted to be a part of all of that.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    jap618jap618 member
    I've had my 2 blood draws and have spoken to my RE quite a bit.  My first u/s is 7/10 I should be around 6w5d and I plan on having an u/s every 2 weeks until around 10 weeks.  I'll then schedule with my OB for the following week or two and then my NT scan around 12-13 weeks.  I'm just keeping everything crossed that I get that far.
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    I'm going for my first appointment at 7 weeks and get to hear the heartbeat and get an ultrasound.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"