Cloth Diapering
Options

family cloth *gasp*

Anyone use it?  Thoughts?  I am thinking about using it for me and DD#1 for just pee.  Then throwing it in w/ the diaper laundry.  Is it worth it?   Any suggestions of what material, size, how to make/where to buy, bathroom setup?

Re: family cloth *gasp*

• Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    I was considering using it for me too.  Just for pee also and throwing the wipes in the diaper laundry.  DH is totally grossed out by it but can't tell me the difference between boys shaking their junk and getting a couple drops on their clothes and me using designated wipes for the same purpose.  

I was planning on using a medium wetbag on the bathroom cabinet handle or a planetwise small pail liner in a small trashcan.  I have a wetbag so I might just try that for a week or two and decide if I would prefer a pail liner.  We have 3 bathrooms, but I would use family cloth in the master.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Robi1Robi1 member
    I made a ton of wipes out of flannel receiving blankets and use them for myself for pee. I just throw them in the wet bag in the bathroom. I use them for LO as well if I'm wiping her in the bathroom, wiping out the potty, etc. I just keep them in a little box in the cabinet under the sink. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think if I was going to try it, I'd just "borrow" a few my LOs cloth wipes, then wash them with the diapers.
  • Options
    We do it and it is super easy. They just go right in with the diaper laundry.

• Options
    @Chickypoo2468 Thanks for the info.  Do you prefer your single or double ply?  I was afraid to post this question b/c I myself had said that family cloth was "where I drew the line" as far as green-ness was concerned.  But I also said that about cloth wipes and mama cloth and have since reconsidered.  Thinking about it more I can't think of any reason why a cloth wipe w/ a few drops of pee on it would bother me.  I still can't wrap my brain around #2 though.  I am thinking there is some sort of rinsing involved?
  • Options
    Thanks again @Chickypoo2468!  I am gonna grab some single ply flannel wipes I made for my LOs and give them a try.  I saw some double ply ones on Etsy I may get if I really like it.  Or I have some flannel receiving blankets I can repurpose if I can get my hands on a serger.  I have my AF and was going to wait.  But if it makes things easier I may not wait.
  • Options
    I've used it for both #1 and #2's and was super surprised as to how well it cleaned versus tp (which just smears it around). I can reach the sink and wet one first and then use a dry one second. :)

So moral of the story don't be scared to try it with #2... And then make your decision!

I only use it on a parttime basis but would like to get back to using it more.
  • Options
    Does anyone use their sprayer as a bidet style wand?
  • Options
    I have but only in extreme circumstances.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member

Does anyone use their sprayer as a bidet style wand?

@Kelly11235‌ mh does. All the time.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We don't use family cloth, but I really don't see the difference between that and CDs.  Is toddler waste somehow less vile than grownup waste?  I don't understand the shock value.
    this is where I'm at.  I'd be far more likely to use family cloth than Mama cloth.  Poop is poop, pee is pee, Lola's isn't more acceptable just because she is a baby.  I do use her wipes on Asher when I wipe him.  I just spray them. I guess I don't see what the big deal is. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Do you use them wet or dry?

I could totally put them in an old wipes container on the back of the toilet and no one would know I use them. ;) I would get some funny looks, for sure, if people knew. Toilet paper is expensive, yo!
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I am not touching anything that my husband wiped his shit on. Because yes, it's grosser than baby poop. And now I need to throw up.
    Make your H use the diaper sprayer first!  =))
  • Options
    And it would be cold.  Can we say shrinkage.
  • Options
    I use it just for pee. I cut up old tshirts to use so I didn't even have to sew anything.  Here's a blog post I wrote about it: https://leanandgreenfrugalliving.blogspot.com/2013/06/family-cloth-revisited-or-i-eat-my-words.html
    Married since June 2008

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
    TTC Post Chemotherapy
    Unexplained Infertility

DH- SA Normal, Lap on 8/8/13
    BFP! 11/7/13 EDD 07/15/14 changed to 07/23/14 after first u/s

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    LLOL you guys!
  • Options
    I will use them it I have the shower toilet sit. The way will be easy for me to convert my DH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, Zara! The ice cream.... Ugh :-&
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    I am not touching anything that my husband wiped his shit on. Because yes, it's grosser than baby poop. And now I need to throw up.
    Oh dude, right the husband.  He would never sign on for family cloth so I wasn't even considering him.  lol. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Wtf and why???
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"