Success after IF

Recurrent Chemical Pregnancies - Need some Encouragement

MnM425MnM425 member
edited June 2014 in Success after IF
Hi Ladies,
Even though I've been TTC for four years now, I'm totally new to this whole pregnancy board thing, but I figured I'd give it a try. I really need some positive vibes and any encouragement/success stories you guys have to offer.  I've never been one to give up on anything (almost stubbornly so), but I feel myself breaking at this point.  I've had four chemical pregnancies in the past 3 years.  Two were with Clomid treatment, and 2 were with IVF. Both IVF cycles we had 2 embies transferred, and all of them were really good quality.  My last C/P was just a couple days ago.  My RE is still trying to remain hopeful with this one though, because since my HCG dropped only from 417 to 310, she thinks I might have just lost one of the two.  I have to go back Monday for another hcg to confirm.  I'm trying to stay hopeful, but part of me is so bitter and tired of always being given false hope, only to have it be confirmed that yes I did indeed lose yet another one.  So my first question is, have any of you had that happen to you (drop in hcg because of vanishing twin syndrome) and ended up with a successful pregnancy afterwards?  Second, if this does end up being my fourth C/P - have any of you been able to conceive successfully after so many recurrent chemicals?  I've had every test done you can think of, and everything always comes back normal.  I do have PCOS, but that's what we have to go through IVF for.  I'm assuming there's something going on with implantation, but no one has any answers for me.  I keep being told that "it's normal" to go through this, and we just have to keep trying.  How can it be normal to keep losing every pregnancy at the exact same time (5w to 5w2d)?  I'm just really frustrated and tired and feel really alone.  I feel like no one around me gets it.  I feel like no one understands how suffocatingly horrifying it is to think of the possibility of never being able to have a child of my own.  Anyway, if any one of you has any positive words of advice, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Me 35 with PCOS, DH 40 with slightly low sperm motility
TTC 4 years
2010: tried naturally, no success
2011: 3 rounds of Clomid, 7/11 BFP - C/P at 5w2d
          next round of Clomid 10/11 BFP - C/P at 5w2d
          HSG: normal
          SIS: normal
          Complete blood w/u:  normal
2012: 6 rounds of Femara - BFNs
          3 rounds of Clomid with Gonatropins and IUI - BFNs
2013: IVF#1 - failed retrieval b/c RE hit artery leading to significant blood loss
IVF#2 - 6 embies, 2 good quality transferred at 5d
             6dp5dt - faint BFP, 7dp5dt - hcg 30, 9dp5dt - hcg 70
           11dp5dt - hcg 140, 13dp5dt hcg 270 - C/P that night
         Karyotype - both normal
         FET #1 - transferred 2 good quality embryos - BFN
2014: IVF#3 - 6 embies, 2 good quality transferred at 5d
                      7dp5dt faint BFP, 9dp5dt hcg 70; 13dp5dt hcg417
                      15dp5dt hcg 310

Re: Recurrent Chemical Pregnancies - Need some Encouragement

• Hugs it sounds to me like you have implantation failure and need to see a reproductive immunologist. I had 6 m/c and finally had a healthy LO.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if your beta is dropping there is a very small chance of a vanishing twin, doctors tried to sell me on that twin business but it was never true.

Hugs
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• MnM425MnM425 member
    Thank you.  I just took a HPT and it was REALLY faint, so I'm sure I've lost both.  I'm barely able to cope with 4 losses - I don't know how you went through 6.  I'll look into trying to see a Reproductive Immunologist.  Thanks for the advice!
  • Loading the player...
  • MnM425MnM425 member
    I had to take Methylprednisone with my IVF protocol - which from I understand is a little more potent than Prednisone?  I guess I could ask my RE the difference when I see her next.  It looks like you were able to have 2 little ones after going through everything you went through - that must be so amazing.  I'm feeling better after the couple of responses I have gotten - I feel like there's still hope.  Thank you for the advice and for the well wishes!  =)
  • I also suffered many losses and was unable to stay pregnant until we used Methylprednisone throughout the pregnancy. I would talk to your RE and see if an autoimmune issue is maybe at fault. We also tested for autoimmune and everything looked ok but I kept miscarrying until we left the steroid on the table through the entire pregnancy! Good luck hope you get some answers and good news soon
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • MnM425MnM425 member
    Yes, I've had RPL testing, and everything looked fine.  I'm not sure how extensive the blood work was though.  I know they tested for clotting disorders and some autoimmune factors.  Staying on Methylprednisone throughout the pregnancy actually makes a lot of sense.  It seems that I've all 4 of mine a few days after they had me stop the steroids….
    I have an appointment with my RE this Tuesday.  I'll have to discuss all of these things with her that you wonderful ladies have brought up.  Thanks again for all the advice and support.  It makes me feel less alone and more hopeful after hearing from all of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"