Baby Names

Last minute pondering:

We are having our third son and I would love to name him Noak. (Scandinavian for Noah)

My husband still likes Nycroft and other names that are much, much worse. :-D

He will compromise and name the baby Noakai, though. (And I'll just call him Noak, mostly......I assume.)

But for last minute crunch time, do you have any names that I should look at for consideration? Our other sons names also begin with N, though our first goes by his nickname a lot, which starts with a Z. Definitely does not have to be a N name...I am just drawn to alliteration. (our last name is also an N).

My other favorite name is Tabor. And I also like: Japheth, Dashiell,

I like Hebrew/Biblical or philosophical names.

I know I've probably already considered so many by now, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if something else might stick!

Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Last minute pondering:

• erinmserinms member
    If your last name starts with N and so does your other sons name, I would try to avoid an n name for this kid, if possible. Our first son has an alliterative fn/ln combo and I liked another name with the same letter for ds2, but honestly it sounded ridiculous. Try it out and see what you think with your choices. Ex: Hi, we're Greg and Gary Golden. Or: Hi, we're Doug and David Dillard. It just sounded ridiculous to me, but maybe your names work better.

I like Jeremiah, Levi, Atticus, Dashiell, Abraham. I'm not really in love with Tabor, but it could grow on me.

What about Soren?
  • I like Dashiell, and pp suggestion of Jeremiah! 
  • Loading the player...
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I like Dashiell!! It's a good strong name that suits a little one and will grow well with them!!!
  • Dashiell.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • I don't want to be a total witch, but Noakai is horrid (and looks like a made-up/smoosh name).  Really bad. Same thing with Nycroft, it just looks like you changed a letter on Mycroft (which, although a made-up literary name, I don't totally hate, maybe as a middle).

Noak's NMS, but I think it's a good name. Of the other names you listed, I really like Dashiell and I might be able to get behind Tabor, it's growing on me. Have you considered Noach (Hebrew form of Noah)? Boaz has also been on here a lot lately, so that's a good Old Testament name to throw in. If you like the 'N' have you considered Nikolai?

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's a last hurrah for the names! I know I've been over it all so much, but I let it go for awhile and I'm now giving it one final try. I have to compromise with him....I mean he is my husband.... ;-P I'm not going to divorce him over a name or be too alpha about it. I keep thinking.....maybe there is still a name out there that we would both equally love, but it seems a compromise on the name is the best way to go. I don't like Noakai as much as Noak, though, but he'll probably be mostly known as his NN, Noak, anyway.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How about Nicodemus? ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    What about Noak(ai) Dashiell? I think they sound good together, and you get to use one of the other names you like too, that is if you don't already have a mn
  • I think we are going to use Peter as a middle name. It's a family name and we have given the other boys classic middle names, too, in case they should want to go by that instead one day. I don't like the name Peter as a personal favorite name, but I do like it just fine as a family/middle name. Would be more fun to use Dashiell! :-D  Our other two sons middle names are David and Phillip.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• LNic5LNic5 member
    Oh well yes family names are kind of important, Peter does go with your other sons mn....it's a little too bad though I really like Dashiell with it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"