November 2014 Moms

Belly support

Has anyone used, or plan on using, some type of band? I've heard mixed reviews, but being on my feet 11 hours on a concrete floor is starting to take a toll. Baby boy is so low and I'm hoping he moves up, but in the meantime? Ouch

Any feedback?

Re: Belly support

• I have no experience but my sister recommends the cantaloop support belts. She just had a baby in September.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I work retail and am on my feet anywhere from 9-12 hours a day. With my son I bought a maternity support belt from Motherhood Maternity (the adjustable kind with the velcro strap) and it was amazing how much it helped take the strain off of my body.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started wearing a support belt at work when I am on my feet. I don't know the brand but it has two sets of Velcro straps. It has really helped!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! I read somewhere they should only be used for short amounts of time because your muscles may become dependent and weaken? Some fitness experts are against them because of this... I didn't ask my OB about it last time but it just became an issue this week!
  • Honestly, it seems most people seem to assume that people work a normal 9-5 office job, especially pregnant women. I can understand the concern of using the support when you are sitting most of the week, but when you are on your feet all day at work, you have your own unique set of challenges. Try it. If it helps, wear it. Forget what some fitness experts may be concerned with- you're the one who has to deal with the belly. They don't.

Sorry if this sounds a bit bratty. I am crabby for no real reason this evening, so I am trying to reign that in.
  • I am a cook, so I am on my feet all day, and I have a long list of back problems, included a herniated disc, osteroarthritis in my spine, and scoliosis. My neurosurgeon told me to get a maximum support belt, and I bought 3 off of Amazon. I ended up sending 2 back and keeping this one (which is now sold out on Amazon): https://www.maternabelt.com/store/p18/Meditex_Maternity_Belt_-_Maximum_Support.html

If you want to read my reviews of the belts I tried, here is the thread I previously posted: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12292899/herniated-disc-in-pregnancy
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS I asked my dr. She said to get spanks like garments (I got the shorts) but not spanks brand, and make sure it was light support. I love them, it offers support, but didn't cost a whole lot.
    "Live, Laugh, Love"

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"