November 2014 Moms

Nothing to do but sit around and be pregnant

Ok - this is prob going to be an emotional rant b/c well, I've just been in that emotional rut lately. The past few weeks have been HARD on me emotionally. the hormones are just crazy! nurse said to prepare for post baby to be this way too... oh joy. :(

Anyway - DH works every weekend...and I find myself sitting on the couch doing NOTHING. ALL DAY, just waiting for him to get home so I have some company. I feel like I literally want to just sit here and be pregnant, like, that's my excuse. The round ligament pain is annoying. I took a nap at 10am after getting up at 7:30. My house needs to be cleaned, There's probably some sort of project I could be doing to prepare, but nope. I just want to sit here instead. Let me mind run rampant on the million and one things going through it. Maybe cry over something later. Spend some money on food b/c GOD FORBID I make something here, ever. nothing sounds good.

I know those with LO's don't have this opportunity, lol at this point I would welcome the distraction!!!

Am I alone here?

Re: Nothing to do but sit around and be pregnant

• I'm glad someone can relate :) I know the key is to keep myself busy, but then I lack the physical energy to get up and do something, really annoying lol. I'm in the same boat with saving money ... if I could go out and spend money I wouldn't be bored. Guess we better get used to it! I wish someone with OCD would come clean my house LOL!

• Loading the player...
  • edited June 2014
    I feel exactly the same way. It's hard to get motivated to do something. I set small goals. Like last weekend my FI was away so I made a cup of tea and drank it on my stoop. That was enough activity for me that day. Then he was coming home so I figured I'd clean the house to do something nice for him. I'm really glad I did because being in a messy house makes ME depressed.

If you want for your husband all day, why not try to think of something nice to do for him as a surprise when he comes home. This serves the dual goal of making him feel appreciated in this pregnancy process AND occupying yourself.
    -go get ingredients for an appetizer or snack you think looks cool off Pinterest
    -pick up his favorite ice cream
    -organize his vitamins or something (FI loves when I do this, he has so many)
    -make him a welcome home/I missed you sign (even if he was just gone for the day)

Ed. Make scratch cookies cause that takes forrrrrever, good time waster with delicious reward
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• I am with you this weekend. My DH works weekends too. Usually DS and I keep pretty busy especially in the summer. We go to the park, zoo, splash pad, beach, and grandmas alot. But I have ridiculously bruises and swollen cheekbone still from where DS hit me with the tv remote Thursday so I am too embembarrassed to go anywhere public and my parents are out of town. We uave watched way too much cartoons today. Like more than we watch all week usually just today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just imagine your husband being gone for 3 months!! I literally don't even want to get out of bed on the weekends. It is really hard to get motivated and I know he isn't with me physically but he is technically there emotionally, etc. It just sucks. I totally feel ya. I just don't have any drive to do anything! Thank goodness he will be back after little one is born because I am literally going crazy here :(
    Can't wait to meet our little frijolito!!

imageimage
    BabyName Ticker
  • Just imagine your husband being gone for 3 months!! I literally don't even want to get out of bed on the weekends. It is really hard to get motivated and I know he isn't with me physically but he is technically there emotionally, etc. It just sucks. I totally feel ya. I just don't have any drive to do anything! Thank goodness he will be back after little one is born because I am literally going crazy here :(

Ugh, I'm so sorry you are having a hard time! It'd be real hard with your husband being gone.

I do feel better knowing I'm not the only one getting into this rut though. Today is a new day!! (after my coffee and computer time) LOL I'm going to make up a list of things to do today so I can feel accomplished at the end of it. Maybe reward myself with a pedi :)

I woke up with the verse - this is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. It was weird that it was on the forefront of my mind this morning. Maybe we just have to make up our MINDS, and our bodies will follow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"