Baby Names

torn

We just found out yesterday from an ultrasound that we are most likely having a girl, (ultrasound tech will confirm at 22 week a/s in 2 weeks) however - it was hard denying that they were girl parts. :) OF COURSE - we were set on all the boy stuff!! So we are torn on girl names and I'm looking on getting suggestions. There's some we like, but for some reason I still find myself searching for something better ...

Harper Reece (Reece is M-I-L's maiden name)

Ryleigh Lynn

Teagan Rose

Want something pretty but not overly used and DH is completely against any of the older names!

Re: torn

• I'll try that website out, thanks! I was SOO disappointed b/c I didn't really learn how trendy Harper was until we put it on our name list!! So frustrating!!! And Ryleigh I wouldn't spell any other way b/c Riley is SO boyish to me. SO - the spelling doesn't bother me personally, but I do know it's more common... Teagan I only know one little girl w/ the name, so that's a plus... We will keep searching.

I like Layla too... but don't know about that one.

• LNic5LNic5 member
    My favourite from your list is Harper Reece, but Harper is becoming fairly popular, but it is a pretty name!!!

Suggestions (all based off Harper & Teagan):

Ainsley
    Addison
    Paisley
    Harlow
    Greer
    Penelope
    Savannah
    Rayna
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Harper and ryleigh (no matter how you spell it) is very very popular right now. What about Ivy, Isla, Vada, Summer, Piper, Carys, aria, Camilla, poppy?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All three are pretty trendy to me. From your list I like Teagan Rose best.

• Out if the three, Harper is by far the best option.
  • hmm some mentioned are a little out there for us. Piper is pretty but I know a piper and it kind of ruins for me, but I could bring it up to DH and see what he thinks. I'm sure I would lose the association shortly - it's just a friend's sister.

Paisley was my ALL TIME FAVORITE for years, I have begged and begged DH and he says absolutely not, he hates it. Says maybe for a little name but NEVER a first. UGH!

Anyone else waiting until baby is here to officially give it a name? I just don't see us making a decision before that.

• Rose is pretty. . .
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Narrowing it down is great and having favourites but I think no matter what it's always a great idea to wait until they arrive and see what suits them!!!!
  • evaazaleaevaazalea member
    edited June 2014
    I clicked on your name list, I am bias but Holly is by far the best name on your list, it is uncommon, easy to spell and feminine. I do like Layla as well, hearing Harper Reese I would be guessing you had a boy. (Edited for spelling)

• I noticed you had Ellie on your list. Would you consider Ella with the nn of Ellie?
  • I would cast my vote for Layla Rose.
  • Maybe we can help you with some more suggestions.... Does it have to be unisex? Are you looking for mainstream?
  • If you really want to use Reece for your MIL why not try Layla Reece? I also like pp's suggestion of Ainsley, which to me could go.with Reece as well if need be, depending on how well it goes with your last name.
  • Dh likes the unisex names... I'm not too sure why- he seems to be against "girly" names for girls. LOL So holly was one he had said he agreed to. I still like it  .... not sure what the middle name would be. I like Layla not sure what he thinks about that. I'm open to suggestions! I don't want people thinking it's a boy by the name, that's definite!

• OH, and DH ended up not being crazy about Ellie. :(

• I love the name Layla!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Harper. Harper Reece does sound boyish though. I like Holly too.
  • Harper is the only name from your list that I can get behind.
    Anniversary
  • I actually love teagan rose. Teagan means "little poet" (i think that is so cute). I think it is a very pretty, sweet name.
  • Layla is gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"