TTC after 35

2 month break :-(

So on top of my BFN the other day, I just talked to the clinic and they said I can continue next month but that I have to have an ultrasound on CD 3. But I'm traveling! I stopped taking the hormones and expect AF tomorrow which means I'll be home on day 6, which according to them is too late. I don't expect I can just call up a random doctor in NYC and have them do an ultrasound? I'm so bummed out because I'm traveling in august too so this puts me in September before I can continue. I guess my body will be happy with the break but still :-(
Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.

Re: 2 month break :-(

• Well I'm getting treatment in Europe and I'm in the US. I would need a clinic that would take me in without referral and pay upfront. Also not sure how much that would be, anyone seen prices of ultrasound before insurance?
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    I don't have advice but I feel you.  I am traveling for work and may miss my fertile week and it sucks when the clock is ticking.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • I use RMA in NYC. Maybe you can call them
  • Not sure going rates, but my RE office charges $265 for ultrasounds. Good luck to you!
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• I went this morning to RMA! Thank you so much for the advice, I paid $275 for the ultrasound, they were really nice and I didn't wait that long. They emailed the results back to my European clinic. 

Things looked good so now I'm on an unmedicated cycle and get my blastocyst (the last one) in app two weeks or so. I'm crossing my fingers this is going to be the month. 

Thanks again :-)
    That is awesome! I really hope that it's your month.  >:D<

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• What a roller coaster morning! My clinic sent me an email saying I had to take a month break anyway to get the hormones out of my body. Then I sent back a very sad email and got a reply quickly that said my papers hadn't said I was clear for this month but if I wanted to go ahead it was okay. Any experiences with that? I feel that I'm gambling because if they usually recommend a break and then I don't get that break, is it waste of money and eggs? 

Anyway, I cried my eyes out due to all the confusion, my life is complicated enough as it is since I am traveling so much (also for IVF). 
  • Hugs to you @LouiseB2001‌ . I'm glad you were able to get the U/S, but am sorry things are a bit confusing. I don't have much knowledge on this, so I don't want to give any advice. Just wishing you the best is all I can do. :)
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"