1st Trimester
Options

if you pump at work

Can you please recommend your double electric pump? I'll be pumping in a classroom that is partially divided between me and another teacher.  Therefore, I'd like something quiet but efficient.  Thanks 

Re: if you pump at work

• Options
    I have no recommendations, but I feel you. I am dreading having to pump at work, because multiple people have a key to my room and just come in whenever. I think I have to pump in a bathroom to be private. :-(
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options

I used the Madela Pump in Style.  Talk to your principal though- by law you need to be provided with a private space to pump.

My principal found me a storage that held science supplies and I set up a little table and chair - I made a sign on the door that said, "Room in Use".   I talked to the teachers and let them know too.  Everyone was very cool about it and if they ever needed to get in there for supplies, they did it before school. 

Like I said, talk to principal.  There may already be a designated space where other teachers have pumped in the past, you never know.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pumped with DD#1 while I was at work for till she was 12 months. I have a medela freestyle. Not too loud and you don't need to be plugged in for power.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am also a teacher and I used the Madela symphony. I rented it from the hospital and it worked great. I could get 6-8 ounces in 20 minutes. I would pump twice a day at work while wearing a hands free bra at my desk. It was pretty easy clean up. To make it even easier I just rinsed the parts after my first session and kept them in a cooler to use again in the afternoon and gave them a full washing at the end of the day.
  • Options
    I have no recommendations, but I feel you. I am dreading having to pump at work, because multiple people have a key to my room and just come in whenever. I think I have to pump in a bathroom to be private. :-(
    Put a sign on the door and ask for an extra lock to be installed on the inside. If you qualify for FMLA, your work is also required to provide a private place OTHER than a bathroom for you to pump. 

Right, I totally understand this. The problem is that many people in my building have keys to multiple rooms. It is not just my principal and I...its dozens of people, because we share rooms. My colleague had to pump in the principal's bathroom--they put a rocking chair in there for her, like that was making it better. It seems like I am going to have to insist on something different, which will make me look like an ass to my boss (whether I am being reasonable or not, she is not the most sensitive person). You're totally right, though, I just have to do what I have to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options
    I used a Medela PISA for a year.  It worked great.  However, this time I will be calling insurance to see what kind of pump they will supply (I believe it is mandated that insurance policies cover breast pumps now - but I'm not sure if that means any pump, a rental pump, or a specific pump they decide on).  If I can choose any pump, I'd happily get another PISA to keep at work so I didn't have to lug one between home and work everyday.

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

• Options
    I used the Madela PISA......it was awesome. It could be used plugged in or by rechargeable battery pack. My work created a sign to put on the door to notify people when the room was in use. It worked pretty well.
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"