3rd Trimester
Options

Baby #2 last minute prep

I can't say I'm not nervous about labor but nothing like being prepared for my second child since I have done the labor part before. I am nervous and concerned to not be as prepared as I can be for when he is born. My oldest will be 21 months at the time and thankfully an easygoing little boy. I am 33 weeks, so about 2 months away since I am due August 16th. My concern is what can I do this late minute to be better prepared? I am now starting to work on freezer meals, what else can I do? What worked well for you mommy's out there?  Any advice would be very appreciated, thank you all. 

Re: Baby #2 last minute prep

• Options
    I'm a FTM so definitely not speaking from experience, but I'm planning on having a nice stock of freezer meals and stocking up on toiletries/paper goods/consumables. I'm also trying to get as much cleaning and organizing done as possible to help things run smoother once we get home. Good luck!

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Options
    saraeric said:
    I'm a FTM so definitely not speaking from experience, but I'm planning on having a nice stock of freezer meals and stocking up on toiletries/paper goods/consumables. I'm also trying to get as much cleaning and organizing done as possible to help things run smoother once we get home. Good luck!
    The bolded.  I'll start cooking and freezing about a month before I'm due.  I also coupon, so I will have a nice stock of shampoo/conditioner, laundry/dishwasher detergent, toilet paper and paper towels.  I've also started a small diaper/wipes stockpile.  My goal is to not have to shop the first month the baby comes, any outings are ones I choose to do. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't do much prep before this LO beyond getting the necessaries for having a new baby in the house. My DH is pretty good about taking care of things around the house until I'm ready to get back to normal routines.
  • Options
    Freezer meals, baby gear, diapers & wipes, get some post delivery underwear & clothes, contact insurance company to see if you have to tell them about your hospital stay, preregistration at hospital...
  • Options
    I agree with the pp. other than that I'd try to explain as much as your child is able to understand about the baby. My DS is 22 months and understands faaaaaaaaaarrr more than I thought he would about the baby. He fully understands that a baby is in there, kisses it etc. he points out other babies and then to my stomach. Basically brace him as much as you can to make the transition as easy as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"