July 2013 Moms
Options

It's 10:30 and

My child has already woken up five times. I don't know what to do. This is my every night routine. She woke up once at my
Moms last night. What am I doing wrong?

House temp is 72
White noise
Tranquil turtle
Lovey

Even Advil/Zyrtec when she had to take them doesn't keep her asleep. She is getting her top teeth but that's just recently. This has gone on for a year next week.

I feel stupid asking, but does anyone have advice??

I'm at my breaking point and getting frustrated

Re: It's 10:30 and

• Options
    I'm so sorry! That sounds utterly frustrating. Do you ever just let her cry for a minute or two? Does she need to eat or is she just getting up out of habit?

It sounds like you're doing everything right.

Sorry I'm not much help! Hopefully she starts to sleep better for you soon. A year is an awfully long time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Many many hugs. {{{{}}}}
    Have you rubbed her down with aquafor? Maybe she had dry itch skin?
    When she wakes up each time, what does she need? Is she full on screaming and crying or just whimpering? What do you do each time to calm her down? Does she ever fuss it out? Could she be over stimulated?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started putting a light blanket over my LO and he started sleeping a little better. Now he wakes up every 3-4 hours instead of every 30 min-1 hr. (Sometimes, lol)
  • Options
    Hopefully, she slept for you. *fingers crossed* Did your mom do anything different?
  • Options
    @Alicia0817‌ we room shared for a while, she's been in her room/crib for months

@NKaeding‌ to be held. She doesn't want milk, just simply for us to be in there. Also, sometimes just her paci.

@rondokye‌ just put her down at 9 instead of 830?

Y'all she woke up two more times making 7 up until 4, then I put her in the bed until 5 and back in her crib and she is still asleep. Whoa.
  • Options
    My son usually wakes up for the day at 545 and naps at 1030. Maybe can you try to wake him up early and put him down for an extra nap? Sometimes if mine wakes up in the middle of the night I bring him in my bed to snuggle and he will go back to sleep.
  • Options
    I'm sorry :( what time are you putting her to bed? Normal wake up time? Nap times? Does she put herself to sleep for bedtime?

It's so hard because every baby is different. We worked on putting our son to bed drowsy but awake in the crib. And we have to do an early bedtime at 6:30. If he is overtired, he wakes screaming about an hour in. Once we realized that connection and started putting him to bed earlier, the early wakings stopped.

If she is teething right now, I would try Tylenol or Motrin before bed as well. I hope things get better for you soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @NKaeding‌ wakes up at about 7 nap from 10-1045 and nap at 1-2 (on her own, of course in my lap) ugh.

Bedtime- dinner, play, bath, lotion, Jammie's , bottle, rock and down.

I have three pacis, but I may literally dump the paci jar in there tonight. \:D/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"