February 2013 Moms
Options

NBR Makeup discussion

What kinds of makeup do you ladies use? Drugstore vs department store? I think some of you have mentioned getting a Birchbox or similar. How long does it take you to complete your makeup routine? Do you wear perfume consistently?

My usual day I use foundation primer, foundation, finishing powder, bronzer, eye shadow, liner, and mascara. I use a combo of MAC and Mary Kay...the liner is the only drugstore item I use (Revlon), though I do use some cool colored MAC liners if I'm feeling fancy. The foundation primer and finishing powder have been recent additions (both Mary Kay), and I absolutely love them. I don't get many clogged pores anymore, and my face isn't shiny by the end of the day. It takes me about 5-10 minutes for everything, depending on if I'm trying to entertain DD at the same time. Jo Malone orange blossom is my go-to perfume, but I stopped wearing it as much when DD was a newborn. FI loves when I wear it though because it reminds him of when we first met (he said my apartment smelled like it when he met me).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: NBR Makeup discussion

• Options
    I'm fairly low-maintenance. I wound up getting a free sample of argan oil from Sephora that I've been using as moisturizer for my face and it's pretty fantastic. I don't always use foundation, but when I do, I use Boots. Cover Girl concealer, Sephora eyeliner, Stila or Urban Decay eye shadow, Diorshow mascara, Mary Kay blush, and Benefit lip gloss. As you can tell, I mix high and low end and have zero brand loyalty. ;-)

• Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited June 2014
    I haven't been doing makeup much lately, maybe that's partly why I feel so sloppy — but we've been going to the beach a lot, so I hate putting it on just to wash it off.

I use mostly Mary Kay (but will supplement Maybelline or Almay when I'm cheep). I got foundation and eye primers (Mary Kay) for my wedding and I think they are da bomb! I think those are my favorites. I use mineral powder foundation, and pressed shadows, but only use blush half the time. And I only use liner pencil on my upper lids, and powder on my lower water line. Then black mascara.

It probably only takes me 15 minutes to do the whole look, but add a toddler into the mix (and not being able to reach and see in the mirror over the massive belly) and sometimes it takes upwards of 45 minutes to get done. Because I have to put on him everything that I put on me.

Yes, my son wears make up. Don't tell my husband. ;)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only wear under-eye concealer and regular concealer on blemishes (thanks PCOS and pregnancy for the ridiculous acne). If I didn't have skin issues I wouldn't wear any makeup at all most of the time. I have absolutely zero brand loyalty; I get whatever drugstore brand matches my skin tone best and is cheapest. Occasionally I wear a little eyeliner for a special occasion. I've tried to get more into makeup in the past and I just don't care enough to pay for it or spend the time figuring out what looks best on me and how to apply it.

I also don't wear perfume, only deodorant. I used to spray on a little something most days, but DH is very sensitive to perfumes and now that I don't wear it, I don't like it that much either.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    djm31012djm31012 member
    edited June 2014
    On a regular day I wear under eye concealer ( benefit) cc cream ( origins) bronzer ( tart park ave princess) and mascara( still searching for one I love , I switch every time ). When I go out I'll wear more with dramatic eyes and lips but otherwise it's as natural looking as
    Possible.
    I love make up and skin care im a totally product junkie. If anyone ever wants reccs let me know always happy to help!
  • Options

My makeup bag is a big ol' hodge-podge.

Foundation: Carmindy and Co (HSN.com)

Blush: Physicians Formula Nude Wear (drugstore.com)

Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash (drugstores)

Pressed Powder (when I get oily): Sally Hansen Natural Beauty (discontinued)

It takes me about 10 minutes...mostly because after I do foundation, I go back and use it as concealer for under my eyes and blemishes/acne.

I don't do perfume because I don't like it.  DH has really sensitive asthma so he prefers I don't as well.  If I want to smell pretty, I break out a B&BW lotion, and the ones I like tend toward the vanilla, sugar, or citrus spectrums.

• Options
    I'm a tinted moisturizer or BB cream fan. Then I put on under eye concealer and then brightener under my eyebrow. I throw on some purple eye liner to bring out my blue eyes, mascara and chap stick and I'm done on a regular day. On a fancier occasion I use bare minerals eye shadow, blush and bronzer. I will also go with a powder or liquid liner and some lip color (probably also bare minerals).
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    I use tinted moisturizer, Mac or urban decay naked eyeshadow, loreal mascara and eye liner and Mac blush and of course concealer for the god awful dark circles I have from being old
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    I heart makaup. I don't wear a ton of it or anything buy I just love the whole process of getting ready (NOT as fun with a toddler underfoot). I have a very wide varity. Some super expensive stuff, some drugstore and some mid range (way too many brands to name). I'm sort of a hoarder. 

I never wear a thick layer of foundation even for special occasions. I just use a very small amount spread very thin. On an everyday basis I wear foundation (very light amount), concealer, setting powder, blush, eyeliner and mascara. I like to wear a bold lip so it looks like I did more. Sometimes I'll do something fun like a winged liner and/or eyeshadow but not everyday. 

I'm really into skincare too but that's a whole other subject. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    <--------------------
    doesn't wear any...cause am a big tomboy and have no F***Ing clue what I'm doing. At some point I need to figure this out, I would love be able to do it for special occasions

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I use Avon mineral foundation. It hides my rosascea wonderfully. Other than that, I have a lot of Mary Kaye.
    On a daily basis, I wear foundation, eye shadow and either eye liner or mascara. If I am going somewhere other than work or target, I wear both.
  • Options
    No makeup, just moisturizer with SPF. Perfume daily, usually Pure Grace

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"