Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hi ladies, might be a silly question.

Hello, 
   I am new to this board. I hope this post is in the right place. I have 2 sons and never experienced any bleeding with either pregnancy. We found out Saturday (two digital and then 4 first response pregnancy tests) that we were expecting again. 
   Wednesday started with some light spotting, which I read could be normal. My husband and I had sex the night before, and everything I read said that it could be normal. The bleeding continued and got heavier throughout the day. An emergency u/s showed NOTHING and my HCG was only a 4 (FOUR!). I knew I hadnt lost anything yet since I had no clotting up until that point.  The MD said that the #s either meant I had just gotten pregnant or that the levels were going down. Since I had the positive pregnancy tests 4 days prior, he said I had lost the baby. 
   I continued to bleed and clot, and after the transvaginal ultrasound I started cramping horribly. As of this morning, the bleeding and cramping has stopped. Being a glutton for punishment, I took another FRER and it came up positive again today. If my levels were at 4 on Wednesday, they should certainly be undetectable now, right? 
   Just looking to see if anyone had similar experiences, maybe a little hope. 
  Thanks so much for reading. 

Re: Hi ladies, might be a silly question.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. As for hCH levels, it's hard to say. If you have retained tissue it could keep your levels from going down or even cause them to increase slightly until the tissue is expelled.

I'm so sorry.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Thank You. 
       Can't believe I have had two babies and know so little about how HCG and the technical aspects. I know I shouldnt be Googling all of this, and I know it's false hope Im looking for. I guess its just hard to wrap my brain around what happened. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the title of this post should have been "Someone please lie to me." :/
  • Options
    I think the title of this post should have been "Someone please lie to me." :/
    This is definitely the wrong forum for that. lol

You're most likely experiencing a chemical pregnancy. If you have questions feel free to ask them here. For better or worse, the ladies here have a wealth of knowledge.

Take care.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Thank You. Im not new to the Bump so I think I posted here to balance the poorly worded "miracle" stories Im torturing myself with on other sites. 
       I must say that everyone at the office was as nice as they could be. I know, logically, that to get the positive digital tests Saturday my levels were above 50. 
      Logically, I know that since they were at 4 yesterday, combined with the bleeding and cramping, that the pregnancy is over. 
       It sure does feel nice to have my head in the clouds for a few minutes though. 
  • Options
    Thank you. I have an appointment Tuesday but I will leave a message with his answering service. Hes good about getting back to me on the weekends. 
  • Options
    I felt the same, I trolled a misdiagnosed miscarriage board hoping it would happen to me, every time a medical staffer said that maybe it was too soon to tell, I got hopeful..even when I knew in my heart it was over I would get excited before ultra sounds hoping to see a little heartbeat. Back to your hcg question, I had a natural m/c at 9 weeks exactly 2 weeks ago and today I took a pregnancy test and at last it's negative. This is all really tough and painful to deal with, be kind to yourself. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i am so sorry. hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"