April 2013 Moms

FFFC

We are slacking here lately! Let's hear em!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Kate_CKate_C member
    ....crickets....

where the hell is everyone?
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been in work hell for the past few days, and then daycare called because James hurt his finger and thought I should have a doc look at it, so I raced to daycare to find him with a cuticle scrape and a bruise, and now I'm working from home.  I appreciate their concern and being proactive, but really?????  

FFFC -- I am not-so-secretly thrilled with the above, because I dind't want to be at work anymore anyway. ;-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I confess that I have been working all week to teach Rhys to put himself to sleep. But yesterday I let him nap on me for an hour... And the sweet snuggles were glorious.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Also, someone posted this article last summer. It's super long and made me bawl my eyes out, but it's worth reading I think, in regards to the horrible accident of forgetting your child in a car. Not saying that it applies to the GA man. If he did it on purpose, he should die a slow and painful death. Buti fit was a legitimate accident by an over exhausted,overworked parent.... My heart breaks for them. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/fatal-distraction-forgetting-a-child-in-thebackseat-of-a-car-is-a-horrifying-mistake-is-it-a-crime/2014/06/16/8ae0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Listen, my heart breaks for them too. I can't imagine losing my child - let alone by my own hand. But, as a parent, it is our responsibility to watch out for our kids day in and day out. I understand that routines get shifted and things out of the norm happen but that doesn't mean you get a pass when you're negligent
  • Listen, my heart breaks for them too. I can't imagine losing my child - let alone by my own hand. But, as a parent, it is our responsibility to watch out for our kids day in and day out. I understand that routines get shifted and things out of the norm happen but that doesn't mean you get a pass when you're negligent

Shouldn't you be doing insanity right now? ;-) Also, you clearly didn't read the article I posted!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
    I also think letting the parents get away with no punishment opens up a loop-hole for other crazies to do the same thing and use the "I forgot" excuse.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Jdubb13 said:
    I confess that I hate mobile bumping! My real confession is that a neighbor told me how she claimed anxiety after her maternity disability leave was up and was given another 3 weeks paid. I'm currently looking into the logistics. It would be great to get more time and who doesn't have anxiety with 2 babies?
    Sounds like short term disability... depends on how your company handles it but a lot of people go on short term disability after maternity leave.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pinottoparenthood‌ my comments were more directed at @cece2682‌

I read the article and I cried, especially thinking about how that man feels every day of his life. I absolutely do not agree with the woman who said, “I don’t feel I need to forgive myself,” she says plainly, “because what I did was not intentional.”

There are a lot of things I do unintentionally - running a red light, not stopping for 3 seconds at a stop sign, speeding, etc but if one of those actions should harm someone else, shouldn't I be responsible for dealing with the repercussions? Now, why is it any different when it's our own flesh and blood? When literally our number 1 objective is to love, protect and keep them safe
  • My step sister got herself in a lot of trouble last year, getting a DUI, losing custody of her kids and having some sort of alcohol induced psychotic episode. My dad and step mom helped her pick up the pieces of her life. She's supposedly been in AA since then and is in a new relationship.

My sister saw ss buying a ton of beer (ss didn't see my sister)....I want so badly to mention this to my dad, because I'm afraid he'll get sucked into her drama all over again. My sister doesn't want to say anything, and it's not my story to tell so I'm keeping my lip zipped. 
    Maybe the beer was for someone else, but I doubt it. A still recovering alcoholic shouldn't be buying alcohol, period. Right?
  • JSS1002 said:

TuckleUp said:

My step sister got herself in a lot of trouble last year, getting a DUI, losing custody of her kids and having some sort of alcohol induced psychotic episode. My dad and step mom helped her pick up the pieces of her life. She's supposedly been in AA since then and is in a new relationship.

My sister saw ss buying a ton of beer (ss didn't see my sister)....I want so badly to mention this to my dad, because I'm afraid he'll get sucked into her drama all over again. My sister doesn't want to say anything, and it's not my story to tell so I'm keeping my lip zipped. 

Maybe the beer was for someone else, but I doubt it. A still recovering alcoholic shouldn't be buying alcohol, period. Right?
    I would definitely mention it to your dad.
    Yep. I agree
  • Kate_C said:

I was "that chick" at a work-ish function last week who had waaay too much to drink.  I literally do not remember the time from leaving the event until I woke up on the floor of my living room the next morning.  Fortunately I'm told I was a charming drunk at the event; just the car ride home until I passed out on the sidewalk in front of my house (and had to be carried in by my spouse and a coworker) that was not so awesome.  It was pretty much mortifying.

Note to self and anyone who is a drinking light-weight: do not have 2 beers, an unknown number of glasses of wine, and follow it all up with a shot of Patron.  Bad plan.  Really, really bad plan.
    Been there. Oh so many times.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_C said:
    I was "that chick" at a work-ish function last week who had waaay too much to drink.  I literally do not remember the time from leaving the event until I woke up on the floor of my living room the next morning.  Fortunately I'm told I was a charming drunk at the event; just the car ride home until I passed out on the sidewalk in front of my house (and had to be carried in by my spouse and a coworker) that was not so awesome.  It was pretty much mortifying.

Note to self and anyone who is a drinking light-weight: do not have 2 beers, an unknown number of glasses of wine, and follow it all up with a shot of Patron.  Bad plan.  Really, really bad plan.
    Wow we should hang out, I cannot imagine you that way. Lol.

• Kate_CKate_C member

Kate_C said:

Wow we should hang out, I cannot imagine you that way. Lol.

Yeah... That is a sanitized version of events. Suffice it to say, I'm glad I don't remember the end of the night.

• @Kate_C‌ - best thing I've read all day. My confession; for the first time in the year I have been back to work I had a meltdown and spent many days funking this week because I don't want to work anymore. I want to be with DD - doing the fun things the summer offers us..... Anywho this meltdown was not enough to change my plans for today of taking the day off, sending LO to daycare and spending the day at the beach with one of my many teacher friends. And it was UH-MAZING

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• JBDamonM said:
    @Kate_C‌ - best thing I've read all day. My confession; for the first time in the year I have been back to work I had a meltdown and spent many days funking this week because I don't want to work anymore. I want to be with DD - doing the fun things the summer offers us..... Anywho this meltdown was not enough to change my plans for today of taking the day off, sending LO to daycare and spending the day at the beach with one of my many teacher friends. And it was UH-MAZING
    I'm in a work funk too, girlfriend.  I hear ya.  Mine is not 100% about wanting to be home with James, although sometimes I do want that, but about the fact that I basically hate my job right now and feel forced into a position that I never wanted in the first place, and now have to figure out a way out of it with just 8 weeks left until baby.  Unfun.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • rgrundon said:
    I just realized my underwear had been on inside out all day today...
    Hate it when that happens
    imageimageimage
  • I had a ridiculously busy day yesterday so I'm late. We had dinner club last night and I'm so freaking hungover today. And I have to take Ava to a 3 year old birthday party this morning at 10. Kill me now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"