February 2014 Moms
Options

Firefly9 - AMA

Thanks for the nomination, @JordyInIndy!   I will do my best to get things answered quickly, but might slow down a bit later tonight. 

Aaaaand...GO!

Re: Firefly9 - AMA

• Options
    What songs could you listen to over and over and not get sick of?
  • Options
    coffee,tea, or soda?

Favorite Quotes?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    if you could only hear one band/singer/artist for the rest of your life, what would it be? (note: not continuously, just whenever you wanted to listen to music)

what is one food that you really dislike?

do you like seafood? what's your favorite seafood meal?
  • Options
    Favorite local tourist attraction?

What colors are the walls where you live? (Different colors or all the same?)

Guilty pleasure food, tv show, book and thing to do?
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    What songs could you listen to over and over and not get sick of?

@Rach521 if you could only hear one band/singer/artist for the rest of your life, what would it be? (note: not continuously, just whenever you wanted to listen to music)

I'll combine these two. :)  My two favorite are probably Simon and Garfunkel and Jason Mraz.  I could listen to their music, and only their music, forever and be pretty happy.  Particular songs?  I Won't Give Up and Lucky from Jason Mraz, and Cecelia by Simon and Garfunkel.

A close third would be Adele, especially since my 3 year old is obsessed with Rumor Has it.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard that song and I'm surprisingly not sick of it.

CD7211 said:
    coffee,tea, or soda?  Coffee, by a long shot.  I can take or leave POP, and really don't care for tea.

Favorite Quotes? Hm.  There are a lot of quotes I *like*, but I don't really keep a collection of favorites, so couldn't just pull one out of the air and say THIS IS MY FAVORITE!  I'd have to search through famous quotes and find a bunch I really like.

Rach521 said:
     what is one food that you really dislike? do you like seafood? what's your favorite seafood meal?  The answer to your first question will answer the other two.  I really dislike seafood.  UGGHHHHHH gross.  I don't even like looking at most seafood, like crab, lobster, shrimp.  The only things I'll eat are canned tuna and those thin, fried, breaded fish patties. 

• Options
    hammysmommyhammysmommy member
    edited June 2014
    There's a Mackinaw Island Fudge ice cream???  Seriously need to get me some of that...  I wonder if I can order it online.

How mad/sad were you when Firefly was canceled?  Did you sign the petition/join the Bring Back Firefly group (I think it was a MySpace page...)?

(eta: I meant to say sad, but I was a bit mad too so they both fit)
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • Options
    Are you a morning or night person? 

Were you in any clubs in high school, if so, which ones?

imageimage

• Options
    Soap1Soap1 member
    What was the best decade of the 20th century and why?

• Options
    Ahhh!! I love Tana French!! Also, I am developing a girl crush on you :). I'm living your answers - minus the seafood one, but I guess I could just eat your portion, no?
    You can have all the seafood! :)

• Options
    Zehnder's or Bavarian Inn? Honestly, it's a toss up.  I like them both, and have eaten at and enjoyed both places.  The problem, though, is I get them confused in my head, so I don't know which one I went to for a wedding, for a baby shower, for a GTG, etc.

My now go-to: You're given the opportunity to invade someone's body for 24 hours. This is happening in 2014, so there is no time travel involved. You will have full control over all movement and decisions of this person. When you leave after your 24 hours, any decisions you've made will be permanent. Who do you invade and what decisions do you make for them? The first thing that pops into my head is to invade some wealthy person's body and have them be a benefactor for the library where I work and have them give us $50 million dollars for a new, modern library.  I know there are other people I could invade and have them do things that would impact so many more people, but I'll just go with my first though.  Or, Bill Gates and have him donate some of his trillions to multiple university libraries that need upgrades.

• Options

What were you likd in high school? Quiet? Obnoxious? Super outgoing? smarty pants??

Do you want more kids any time soon?

• Options
    which do you like better: goats or horses?
  • Options
    You're alone in your house. Time to crank up the music you only listen to alone-the stuff you'd be embarrassed for others to know you like. What's playing?
  • Options
    If you could go back in time what would you tell nerdy freshman firefly?

• Options
    Favorite candle scent? The poisonous, chemical-laden Marshmallow Fireside from Bath & Body Works.
    What are you passionate about? This is where I think I'm not very exciting.  I wouldn't really describe myself as passionate about any one thing (other than my family and kids, obviously).  There are things I really like (food, reading, travel), things I feel strongly about (mostly hot button topics that come up here like vaccinations and moms who want their kids to be born early), topics that really interest me (light pollution, weather), and causes I support (instilling a love of reading at a young age, March of Dimes).  I don't really describe myself in extreme terms like that, though, either positive ones or negative ones.

Creamy or crunchy peanut butter? Creamy.  I'm weird about what I like chunks in.
    (PS - can you tell it's slow at work today???)

• Options
    Are you liberal?  Conservative?  Somewhere in the middle?
  • Options
    I don't think I knew you were in Michigan! Sleeping Bear Dunes are one of my favorite places in the world!

Favorite pizza topping?

If you had free plane tickets to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you?

What's your favorite thing about your job? Least favorite thing?

Does money that goes through the laundry belong to the person doing the laundry or to the person who put it in the laundry?
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Are you liberal?  Conservative?  Somewhere in the middle? Right down the middle, just like I am with all the polls that try to find out what side you are on.  Liberal about some issues, conservative about others, in the middle on others.

I don't think I knew you were in Michigan! Sleeping Bear Dunes are one of my favorite places in the world!  Yup, I'm from the SW part of the state!

Favorite pizza topping? Pepperoni and lots and lots of cheese (I'm on a dairy-free diet right now and these pizza and ice cream questions are killing me)

If you had free plane tickets to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you? I'd take my H, of course!  We'd either go to Seattle, our favorite spot in the US, or we'd travel to England/Scotland/Ireland.

What's your favorite thing about your job? Least favorite thing? I like the environment (a library!) and what I do--being a librarian was my dream job growing up, so I'm glad that I've got the degree and work in a library, just not as an official librarian.  I like that we get some down time,but that's also my least favorite thing.  Part of our downtime is because we are short a staff member, so there's a lot of big projects to do, but we don't want to get involved in them when it's just the two of us, so that leaves a lot of quiet time.

Does money that goes through the laundry belong to the person doing the laundry or to the person who put it in the laundry?  You are in charge of emptying your pockets before the clothes go into the basket, so if you lose money or if the garage door opener gets washed, that's your fault.

• Options

Do you believe in ghosts? What about UFOs and/or aliens?

I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    Tell us something that f14 may not know about you?
  • Options
    F14 crush?

Other than a librarian, what would be your dream job if money didnt matter.
  • Options
    Favorite Disney Movie and why?

If you could change anything about the world, what would it be?

Favorite joke?

If you were in a pageant, what would you do for the talent portion?
  • Options
    what was your first impression of YH?
  • Options
    if you could change one thing about your wedding day, what would it be and why?
  • Options
    Rach521 said:
    what was your first impression of YH? I liked him from the second I saw him.  He worked with a friend of mine.  I stopped in to visit one day and he immediately came across as smart, kind, and funny--and hot.  Unfortunately, he wasn't available at the time!
    if you could change one thing about your wedding day, what would it be and why? There was some family drama I didn't know about.  It wasn't too major, but we did everything we could to keep the peace between MIL/sFIL and FIL/sMIL.  Getting FIL to come was tough, so we promised him to keep people as separate as possible.  Apparently, MIL was REALLY offended that we were trying to separate.  Also, sFIL scolded my cousin who he'd just met for wearing his hat in church.  The day actually went pretty smoothly!  I might also change the humidity level in the air that day, though!

• Options
    What would you name a cat whose markings look like a mustache?

Do you like to paint your nails/toe nails?
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

• Options
    What would you name a cat whose markings look like a mustache? Selleck
    Do you like to paint your nails/toe nails? I do, but my nails look stupid with paint on them because they are always too short from me biting them or them ripping because they are thin and brittle, and I never have time to do my toenails anymore.

• Options
    @Firefly9‌ OMG! That site is absolutely hilarious! I can't stop reading! This is ridiculous! Thank you for sharing that! =))

::runs off to read more::
  • Options
    omg that website!!!! "have some respect and call me Mr. Nuggets" =)) =)) dyinggggg
  • Options
    Are you working in a university library?  Yes, I work in a university library.

What time do you get up in the morning? During the week, I get up at 6 am.  Weekends, whenever the boys wake up, usually between 7 and 8.

What was the best part of your wedding day?  The food was pretty damn good.  One of the best things was that some of H's coworkers snuck into our hotel room and put out wine, filled up the hot tub, sprinkled the bed with petals, and I don't remember what else.  It was really sweet of them!

3 F14 members you wished lived near you IRL  @chiawombat, @rondakhiker, and @bookshelves (I really wish all of my favorite F14ers lived in a 2 hour driving radius)

• Options
    I grew up in Brighton, is that anywhere near you?
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

...image...

• Options
    Wolverines or Spartans?
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

...image...

• Options
    I really enjoyed reading your answers and think you would have the best named mustached cat ever!  

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options
    I'll finish up responding when I'm not mobile, but I want to pass AMA to our awesome "Rhonda," @RondackHiker‌ ! :)

• Options
    Firefly9 said:

I'll finish up responding when I'm not mobile, but I want to pass AMA to our awesome "Rhonda," @RondackHiker‌ ! :)

Thanks! I'll post this evening.

But another question for you (haven't read all the way through so I hop it hasn't been asked):

Favorite scientific theory?

Favorite famous scientist?

Favorite element?

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"