Stay at Home Moms
Options

Can we talk strollers?

SallyAnneSSallyAnneS member
edited June 2014 in Stay at Home Moms
I am obsessed. This is the only major purchase I need/want to make for the new baby. It is all I think about, research and want to talk about. lol  I WANT a fancy stroller. lol

So, tell me about your stroller.

A bit more info about us... ds will be almost 4 when the baby is born. He still uses the stroller at the zoo, longer walks and doing some errands.  Right now we have a baby trend jogger. It is a good stroller, it does everything I need, but I don't love it. 

Some things I would maybe like in a new stroller:
-the leg part to life up to support the babies legs until they are tall enough to bend at the knees. 
-seat to face forwards or backwards maybe?
-a riding board attachment thingy for ds to stand on
-be able to go off roading. (gravel or dirt trails)
-storage basket that is assailable is a must. I bring a lot of stuff to the zoo.
- doesn't need two seats... ds can walk or ride on the board thingy

If you have a riding board on your stroller... does it get in your way? Does your child have enough room for their head? Does it actually push well, even on uneven ground?

edit to add stuff
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can we talk strollers?

• Options
    Gastro said:
    I think I answered your other post but uppababy vista checks every single one of your boxes. I love that stroller and so glad we got it for DS. I'll be getting the skateboard attachment for it.
    Thanks, I have been googling it since reading it on the bmb. :)
    Couple of questions if you don't mind. 
    Can your ds climb in and out of the seat himself? 
    Is the handle round or oval shaped? (I know that sounds weird but I had a maxi foray for awhile but it has an oval handle and I couldn't get out to the feeling of it when holding it.)
    Did you use the bassinet with it a lot? My current carseat wouldn't be compatible.
    How had the fabric held up over time? I have seen a bunch on kijiji for around $300... which seems crazy given it is $800 here!
    Did you get additional accessories for it? Which ones?

• Options
    I had the uppababy vista as well (just recently sold it as we weren't using it anymore) and I LOVED it. It definitely meets all of your requirements.

To answer some of your questions: the handle is round....and extendable so if you and your dh are different heights it'll be great!

We used the bassinet for walks around the neighborhood. I loved being able to use the car seat though when we were out and about so I didn't have to take a baby out of his/her seat and into the stroller....especially if they were sleeping!

I had mine for over 4 years and the fabric still looked great! It was also easy to remove and wash.

I didn't have any additional accessories and didn't care. The only one I think would be handy is a cup holder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SallyAnneSSallyAnneS member
    edited June 2014
    letranger said:

Where do you live? Do you just use the stroller for the above?

I live in Ontario. So i guess i should mention going through snow is a need as well. :)
    I mostly use the stroller for errands, outings like the zoo and going for walks

• Options
    I got a Baby Jogger Versa for this baby, I also got the GT wheels for rougher terrain. I think it would meet all your needs.  It is a great stroller and I love the parent facing option. Plus it was MUCH less expensive than other strollers with similar features ($219 on pishposhbaby with the $10 off code). I figure if DD needs the stroller I can put the baby in a carrier.

DD is almost 2 and we also got a BOB double for walks and because I like to run (and need jogger wheels to walk the dogs in winter).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Baby jogger city select with glider board.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I had both the Uppababy Vista and Cruz, and I loved the Cruz about 1000x more than the Vista. Unless you're planning to do the rumble seat on the Vista, I'd consider the Cruz with a glider board instead - it's lighter, narrower, folds smaller, and still has a huge basket and maneuvers very well. I would have stuck with it myself, but I switched to the City Select because I needed a true double stroller with a third kid option.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    I have the city mini gt. It works great on dirt or gravel. I'm not sure about a board though I think they have them on their website.
  • Options
    Gastro said:

We took it to Colorado two winters - it goes through some snow and definitely on packed snow.
    It's Canadian right- uppababy?

I have the Uppa baby too and I love it! It's out of Hingham, MA - I only know bc it's next to the town I grew up in. It's great in all weather, I've found. I bought a store model that they wanted to sell bc the new behind model just came out - got it for $500.
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone.
    I did a ton of research today. I am defiantly considering the uppababy, city mini gt (but it doesn't have a revere seat) or maybe the b-ready. :)

• Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I did a ton of research today. I am defiantly considering the uppababy, city mini gt (but it doesn't have a revere seat) or maybe the b-ready. :)
    It has a "pram" you can put in it so a little one (up to 25 pounds) is facing you.
  • Options
    City select with glider board is what I use and I love it! Perfect for the older kid and a baby
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went to the store yesterday and look at all the strollers. I found the uppababy vista just want to big for me. And it didn't seem like you could get into the storage basket with the bassinet attached. 

They sales guy showed me the bj city versa gt, I love it. It seemed to have all of the features that I need (I don't really need a bassinet) and the gt wheels look they will handle just about everything. 

Dh came with me today to another store and had a look at the vista and didn't like it at all. But they didn't have the versa so we will have to go back to the first store to see it sometime. Currently amazon.com has the versa (not gt) on for $229 and I think I found somewhere that will let me ship to the boarder and then just on a road trip across to pick it up.  It is $500 here.  *happy*

• Options
    My advice would be to purchase when the baby gets here. I prefer babywearing to pushing a stroller and dd still didn't have the stamina to do long walks, the zoo, etc so I bought a preschooler carrier right when she was three. Fast forward five months and she's walking everywhere. I still bring it with us for long walks/zoo visits and such but it hasn't been used in months. Your kid will change a lot in the next eight months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"