March 2014 Moms
Options

Is LO sleeping in their own room at night?

edited June 2014 in March 2014 Moms
We've had LO's crib in our room, but she is starting to make a lot more noise and move around a lot more at night. It's starting to really disrupt DH's and I's sleep. I was planning for her to sleep in our room until 6m (when the risk of SIDS drops significantly), but I'm starting to think maybe we should do it sooner. So I'm curious what everyone else is doing. If you feel like commenting with when you moved LO to their own room (or when you plan to), feel free also :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Is LO sleeping in their own room at night? 303 votes

Yes
48% 148 votes
No
47% 144 votes
SS
1% 5 votes
See answers
1% 6 votes

Re: Is LO sleeping in their own room at night?

• Options
    6 weeks, he was sooo loud! We all get better sleep since the switch :)

Lilypie - (rVtP)Daisypath - (hJ7A)Lilypie - (mHiG)

• Options
    Once she started sleeping 8-10 hours I realized I could just leave her in the crib overnight. It's been less than a week, but so far, so good!

She's 12 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I intended to keep him in my room for the first 6 months. He was in the PnP bassinet for the first 12 weeks. We moved him as I went back to work. He's just too noisy and I wasn't sleeping. And I think us being noisy didn't help him. Everyone sleeps better this way.

We left the PnP up in our room in case I wanted to put him there after a motn feeding. Tried that night before last because he had been getting up more than normal. I moved him as soon as he fell asleep enough to move because dang, way too much noise. I'm even turning down the monitor now because we can hear cries just fine but I don't need to hear it click on when he's just moving around.

We have the snuza monitor on him now, and as soon as he's rolling, we will set up the angelcare movement pad.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited June 2014
    LO is still in our room.

I had planned (hoped) to have him in the crib by 6-8 weeks but a few things have caused delay;
    - he's a congested guy and quite often needs to be sat up and back patted to clear it, OR sleeps on my chest. (It's getting much better now)
    - DS1 is still in the 'little room' and using the crib. (We had planned to move him to a bed, but weren't done painting his new room)
    - we just got twin bed frames, just need mattresses. (Now to start transitioning DS1 to a bed)
    - until the last 2 weeks LO still BFed several times a night - now only 1-2 times

ETA: he is the quietest of all 3 kids when sleeping (except when really congested) so I don't mind him in our room
  • Options
    LO has been in her own room since day 1.  I won't lie, the first week or two was rough.  I was always scared, and would lay there and stare at the monitor to make sure she was ok, or I'd physically go check on her a lot.  But once into the 3rd week I started to become more comfortable and relaxed, and now I am so glad we stuck to it.  She STTN amazingly well (not that sleeping in their own room is the answer to that) and we're all happy to be able to sleep well.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    jbellejbelle member
    We started out room-sharing and planned to do that for at least 6 months if not longer. That morphed into bed sharing at about 11 weeks. DH and I--oddly enough--both love it! 

We both work full time and treasure cuddling up as a family. I much prefer side-lying nursing to the "fireman's sleep" you get waiting to hear her hungry cry.

We'll be the ones back here with a flailing toddler who won't sleep in her own bed asking for advice. But for now, we're all happy!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    still don't have his room set up... waiting on getting the basement bedroom ready for 12yr old son, hopefully next few weeks as Levi is getting too big for his bassinett!
  • Options
    We are transitioning LO to her crib in her room in 2 weeks, when she will be 18 weeks.
  • Options
    Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    8 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Since 5 weeks when we were cleared to let her STTN. (We had to continue waking her up to feed for weight issues.)
  • Options
    Nope, they're 21 weeks and still in our room in the co-sleeper. We still need new crib mattresses before they can move to their room. I'm dragging my feet.
  • Options
    He's still in the pnp in our room for now. He's about to outgrow the bassinet feature weight wise so we may be moving him soon. Reaching to the bottom of the pnp is hard for this short momma.
  • Options
    bennieangel I'm not sure, not really concerned about it collapsing but he is long and can't move around and he is a squirmy thing!  I don't want him to start turning over (on a regular basis he has only done it tummy to back 2x so far) and not be able to get back over and get stuck on the side
  • Options
    LO is 16 weeks and still in our room in the damn swing. He will not sleep in his crib. I've been waiting for him to sleep longer stretches before moving him and for a while he was worse. Now he's getting up less so I think the plan will be to move the swing to his room next weekend and then transition him to the crib. 

• Options
    LO slept in our room in his swing for about 5 weeks, then we put him in the PnP's bassinet attachment for about a week in our room. about that time DH switched to day shift and LO made too much noise for him to sleep well (lo liked to grunt in his sleep for a few hours early in the am) so we moved the PnP to LO's new room. he slept fine in his room in the pnp until about 8 weeks, then we transitioned him to the crib. We had one or two nights where he would wake up a lot in the crib, but now he does fine. sometimes if he has a 5 am feeding he is hard to get back to sleep and if we are tired we will plop him in his swing in the living room to sleep, but usually we can get him to sleep in the crib after about 5 mins with the help of a pacifier.

• Options
    LO slept in the RnP for about 3 months, right next to our bed, then a couple weeks ago we moved him to the crib in his own room. He was starting to wake up more and seemed cramped in the RnP. The transition hasn't been perfect, but better than it might have. He still wakes up 2-3 times a night, and I don't know if that's a developmental thing, or bc of the move.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've been trying for weeks to get DD to sleep in her crib, in her room. She was in her crib from day one but about 3 weeks in she started to refuse to go down until 2am, so she started sleeping first just in our room, then with us. Around 3 months she started going down at a decent time, in her crib, and only getting up once. She only did that for about two weeks. It was great!

We spent a weekend at my parent's and when we came back she refused to sleep in her crib again. Now she is getting up every 3 hours again and sleeping with us because she refuses to nap, always has, so I need sleep. I was hoping by the time I started my new job she would be sleeping on her own again, but I start next week. She's 16 weeks now.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    We only have 2 bedrooms and dd has the room. If we had a room for him, he would be in his own room already. Til we move, he's stuck with us. Although, when he gets some older we may have the kids room together.
  • Options
    @bennieangel‌ It's 15 lbs. J is on the big side for a three month old. His cousin refers to him as Mr. Beachball.
  • Options
    MeggsMMeggsM member
    Dd is 15 weeks and still in our room. Plan is to love her this week after we buy a new mattress starting with naps(as sparse as they are) then at night. She's getting too big for the bassinet and want more room to wiggle around.
  • Options
    We had dd in our room for the first 4 weeks and then moved her to her own room. She's a noisy sleeper! I just transitioned her to her crib two nights ago.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    He was in our room for the first few weeks.  But then he was getting too long for the RNP sleeper and he was also quite noisy.  I think he's been in his own room since around 10 or 11 weeks (he'll be 14 weeks tomorrow). His room is also right next to ours though. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Moved into her crib at 8 weeks, STTN since then :). I get to sleep better, so does my DH.

• Options
    DD #2 will start napping in her crib in another week or so (still finishing up the nursery, just got the crib mattress, lol)  Should be sleeping nights in there by the middle of July.  She will be 3 months old on Monday and has been in the bassinnet in our room, but as many others have said, I think we are all waking each other up now.  It's time!
  • Options
    Baby boy is still in the bassinet in our room. I'm not ready to move him to his bedroom which is on a different level then us. Also his room is right beside my 2yr olds room and I don't want him to wake up them in the middle of the night. So once he outgrows his bassinet we will move him probably another month.
  • Options
    LO slept in our room in a pack n play until we moved her to her crib in her nursery when she was 10 weeks. We knew she was ready to go because she was consistently STTN and was starting to get noisy throughout the night. It's worked really well for all of us!
  • Options
    vacsx2vacsx2 member
    He's been in the crib since day 1. His nursery shares a wall with our bedroom and we have a video monitor.
  • Options
    My room is LOs room so technically yes haha

• Options
    We're keeping him in our room for at least 6 months, probably a lot more since he will be sharing with DS1 eventually. DS1 we moved at 6 months.
        image  image

• Options
    She's been in her room for a while. We all sleep better this way.

• Options
    As soon as LO outgrew his bassinet (6weeks), he started sleeping in his crib. I had a twin bed in his room and was sleeping in there. I transitioned out of his room at 9 weeks. We've all been sleeping better since then.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• Options
    KewiiKewii member
    We've still got her in our room.  To be honest, I'm pretty much ready to move her, but we're going on a month long vacation next week, so I don't see the point in trying to transition her.

I am a little tired of being woken up by being poked in the eye though.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    snow527 said:
    I'm apparently one of the small minority who have no desire to move her out of our room before one year.
    I'm right there with you! DD1 bedshared with us for 1 year and then moved to her own room in her own crib. She was a high needs baby and just needed to be held and touched constantly.

With DD2 now who is 3 months old, she sleeps in her own crib, which is set up in our room, but I don't plan to move her out of our room before one year. Morning snuggle time is the best!
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just wanted to provide a little advice. Our LO was in RNP until about 2 weeks ago. He just got to big. We tired the PNP and he hated it. 2 nights of horrible sleep and we reverted back to RNP for a few nights to get on routine. Then we tried the crib and he did fine. I think the crib mattress is much more comfortable then the PNP for long stretches of sleep. If your LO doesn't like the PNP don't get discouraged try the crib. Our LO is 14weeks.

Still in our room in the RNP. Just this week we've had two nights of him sleeping 8-4am & I said once he started not having a motn wake up around 1-2 I would transition him to his room. . . not going to jump the gun, if this keeps up for a week or more than I might start the transition by trying out the PNP in our room first...or maybe I'll just wait & decide to crib it one night. I like having him in our room so I can quickly pop a paci in his mouth when he needs it...

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Last night was LO's first night in her crib in the nursery. She had been sleeping in our room in the pnp. The master bedroom is across the house from the other bedrooms, so I just wasn't ready to have her that far away. She woke up twice, but I just had to put the pacifier back in her mouth and she went right back to sleep. I love the video monitor!
  • Options
    JenW1029 said:
    Just wanted to provide a little advice. Our LO was in RNP until about 2 weeks ago. He just got to big. We tired the PNP and he hated it. 2 nights of horrible sleep and we reverted back to RNP for a few nights to get on routine. Then we tried the crib and he did fine. I think the crib mattress is much more comfortable then the PNP for long stretches of sleep. If your LO doesn't like the PNP don't get discouraged try the crib. Our LO is 14weeks.
    Still in our room in the RNP. Just this week we've had two nights of him sleeping 8-4am & I said once he started not having a motn wake up around 1-2 I would transition him to his room. . . not going to jump the gun, if this keeps up for a week or more than I might start the transition by trying out the PNP in our room first...or maybe I'll just wait & decide to crib it one night. I like having him in our room so I can quickly pop a paci in his mouth when he needs it...

that was EXACTLY our experience... I was so worried he would hate the crib bc he didn't sleep long in the PnP, but it was ok!
    imageimage
  • Options
    snow527 said:

I'm apparently one of the small minority who have no desire to move her out of our room before one year. It was really rough at first because she was so noisy, but she doesn't make a peep until the hour before she's up for good. She's been sleeping 10-12 hours at night since about 6 weeks so I also don't want to mess with that.

No, I'm very similar! I really wanted to keep him in our room for at least 6 months (SIDS), but he is fast outgrowing his Moses basket and our room doesn't have space for anything bigger, so I am thwarted..... Ah well.

And yeah, Arthur is also a great sleeper so no inconvenience.
  • Options
    Since 4weeks. We all sleep better so works for us. She's happy too so it's all good :o)
  • Options
    klp830klp830 member
    TCarter slept in bassinet in our room until he was 6 weeks. Then we moved the bassinet into his room. Once he got too heavy for the bassinet, we switched to the crib and he has been sleeping from 9:30 to 4:30 or later every night without waking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"