Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Bottles at bedtime

When do you feel it's necessary to stop giving a bottle at bedtime?  

We do a bottle with water in it at bed time and nap time and I'd like to get away from that eventually. 
Just wondering when others think it's absolutely necessary to do that. 

Re: Bottles at bedtime

• Not long after our DS turned one, we started offering a snack closer to bedtime instead of a milk sippy, and that seemed to do the trick. He sort of weaned himself off of a bedtime bottle, from there.
  • I still give her a bottle of milk before bed.  It is her routine and helps her sleep.  The dr knows and didn't say not to.  I brush her teeth after it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • HZ2012HZ2012 member
    DS is 13 months and I'm not stopping his night time bottle for a while. It's basically the only time he gets a substantial amount of milk. He takes sips here and there from the sippy cup but not nearly enough to do without the 8 oz at night. I brush his teeth after the bottle, it's part of our routine.
  • We've kept the morning and evening cup of milk, just because he loves milk and will fill up on it if we have it at meals. To get it away from immediately before bed, we just started moving it up 5 min every few nights. It's gone from being the last part of his bedtime routine to the first thing in his routine.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"