Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Sometimes, I just want to cry.

Today is definitely one of those days. It seems like it's just one thing after another without a break. I just want to lay on the floor and cry myself to sleep.

So what do you do on days like this? Do you embrace it or distract yourself from it? What helps you?
Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.

Re: Sometimes, I just want to cry.

• Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    edited June 2014
    So sorry for your pain and grief.
    If I have the option of going into a room by myself and crying, I definitely embrace it.  Sometimes I put my ear buds in and listen to a playlist that I made after my miscarriage, and just lay down and cry.
    If I'm busy or out in public, I fight it until I have time alone.  
    If you're having a bad day, I'd recommend making time to grieve and just cry.  Don't bottle it up. ((Hugs))

ETA: If I need to distract myself I focus on projects that need to be worked on (I've done a lot of small projects around the house lately..) or call my mom or a friend to talk about whatever. 
  • Options
    Thank you, @LimaD. Unfortuantley I can't really get alone time right now, but I decided a small project was a great idea. I'm attempting to make fried (I usually bake them) sweet potato chips!
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry.  PP had good advice.  The only other suggestion I have to add is watch a sad movie or read a sad book.  Sometimes it helps to feel the sadness in a way that is unrelated to yourself (if that makes any sense at all).
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    tlc35 said:
    I'm sorry.  PP had good advice.  The only other suggestion I have to add is watch a sad movie or read a sad book.  Sometimes it helps to feel the sadness in a way that is unrelated to yourself (if that makes any sense at all).
    That's a good idea. Plus it's an excuse to be crying if someone notices.
  • Options
    So many (((hugs))) @EllyD14‌ most days when I just really need to cry I find a restroom, cry in the stall, remind myself of something truly good in my life to get the crying to subside, and then try to compose myself enough to go back out into the world.

On other occasions, when ducking into the nearest ladies room isn't my only option, I like to listen to upbeat music (something that reminds me of good times or just makes me want to dance/move) or go for a walk.

And sometimes, when all else fails, fake it 'til you make it - walk around with a smile, albeit fake, on your face and greet everyone you see with a "hey", "good morning", "hi", whatever you can get out of your mouth. Sometimes communicating with others, even in the simplest form of "hi", can help me feel normal.

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • Options
    big huge hugs your way. I wish I was there with you, I'd make you a margarita (screw it it is 5pm somewhere) and I would lay on the floor with you and we good have a good old fashioned cry fest.

I tend to give in to the tears unless I am somewhere I truly can't. Those days where the suckiness of it all hits you right in the stomach or life just completely overwhelms you and you just want to curl up are so flippin hard.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    I try and distract myself- I have a cross stitch project to work on during down times at work (I work in a call center so some days we have a lot of free time)...it also doubles as a way to keep myself off FB right now...I also like to listen to my iPod..I have always found comfort in music.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    big huge hugs your way. I wish I was there with you, I'd make you a margarita (screw it it is 5pm somewhere) and I would lay on the floor with you and we good have a good old fashioned cry fest.

I tend to give in to the tears unless I am somewhere I truly can't. Those days where the suckiness of it all hits you right in the stomach or life just completely overwhelms you and you just want to curl up are so flippin hard.

I would definitely take you up on that! Morning drunk is more fun anyways. ;)
  • Options

If I'm in public I usually do as others have mentioned the fake it till you make it. I just think positive thoughts about something that is good like how much I love my boyfriend or how cute my dog was when she was a puppy or something. If I'm with friends or family I embrace it quietly. If I start crying in the middle of a group of friends, I just cry quietly. I know I won't be able to stop it. Pretty much every one of my friends has heard the line, "Sometimes I just cry."

At home however, I embrace it much more fully. Yesterday I got upset over hospital bills related to my loss. After I got off the phone with the bill lady I was crying pretty hysterically. We have a storage bin that we put everything related to the baby in after the loss. Some of it probably needs thrown away, it's just hospital papers and such. Other stuff I plan to keep forever and some of it I don't even know why I've kept but I haven't thrown away anything that related to the baby. For a long time I couldn't even look at that bin but yesterday I pulled it out and read through it all of it. And I cried until I thought my chest would explode. Then I got up and finished my day.

I'm so sorry you are having a rough day. ((hugs))

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having a day like this. Sometimes for me a good cry is such a release. But distraction is just as helpful. I hope whatever you do works for you and soon you're smiling :) hugs!!
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.
    There are times I embrace it and times I distract myself.  Usually the times I embrace it are when I'm driving in the car by myself or when I'm home alone when my husband works nights.  Sometimes we embrace it together.  
    The good/frustrating thing about grief is that is has no "right" way.  It's good because you can be free to experience it in your own way and it's frustrating because there is no set way to do it and it can be so confusing!
    I don't really have any advice, other than do what feels right at the time.  It's ok to distract yourself if you need to or want to in that moment, but just make sure you do find time to have a good cry from time to time.  For me, the biggest healing comes after a really good cry.  

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yaz14Yaz14 member
    I generally save it for when I'm lying in bed and DH is asleep and then I just cry. Sometimes I tell myself to pull it together and shut up but generally I just give in to it. Just let yourself feel the emotions!

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"