October 2013 Moms
Options

PRN moms - Childcare?

I am considering returning to the workforce (prn) once DH gets home. While I love the flexibility, it is also slightly unpredictable. For the moms who work prn, what do you do for child are? DD will be in kindergarten and my parents could technically handle pick up/ drop off and after school care, but having them care for an infant is a bit much. Depending on my schedule, DH could watch LO sometimes, but our schedules would have to align perfectly for that to happen.
So what do you ladies do for child care, sporadic and changing child care?
DD born on 12/2/2008
DS born on 09/18/2013

Re: PRN moms - Childcare?

• Options
    GearUpGearUp member
    Oooooooohhhhhh, let me add the mamas that work overnight, exceptional long days and ever changing days.
    DD born on 12/2/2008
    DS born on 09/18/2013

• Options
    Do you live somewhere that has  24 hour childcare?  My friends were OBGYN and ER residents when they had their first and that was the only solution. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GearUpGearUp member
    edited June 2014
    Not that I know of, but to be honest, I didn't even think of that. (Off to google)
    Wanted to add- was it like home based daycare or a facility?
    DD born on 12/2/2008
    DS born on 09/18/2013

• Options
    jnsmith85jnsmith85 member
    edited June 2014
    I am a night shift RN so I just don't sleep, ever haha (like right now I haven't slept since I woke up at 7am on Tuesday morning). When I DO need sleep, we do Mother's Day Out from 8:30-2:30, it costs $37 for 6 hours. When I am at work overnight, H is on full time daddy duty from 1810 until 0745 the next morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Not sure how your PRN works, but I'm going to be PRN at my hospital soon, and I still schedule my available days. So I could put DS in Daycare M,W,F and then only make myself available those days. DH would drop him off and pick him up.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The 24 hour care was a facility. I don't know how common that is though.
  • Options
    GearUpGearUp member
    I am manly hoping to work the after hours clinic, and pick up some extra days here and there (possibly a maternity leave too)
    I can't find a lot of information on 24 hour daycare here, but that is not that surprising. I am tempted to apply at the main hospital because they have a hospitots daycare that is available to employees, it's very tempting.
    DD born on 12/2/2008
    DS born on 09/18/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"