May 2013 Moms
Options

Car Seat Recs (yes, this is late and repetitive).

I know this has been posted before but I need feedback please! E is still in her infant seat and probably could be until the end of summer but I want to get her next seat very soon.

I have a full size sedan but the back seat is surprisingly not that roomy. H and I do plan on TTGP in the next few months so I will definitely have 2 LOs in the back seat at the same time.

I've been seriously considering the Diono Radian RXT, the Britax Marathon G4 and the Maxi Cosi Pria 70. I'm open to other options but I've just liked what I've read about these.

My main feature concerns are: size, ease of installation, RF for as long as possible and made in USA.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the help, I'm overwhelmed.

Re: Car Seat Recs (yes, this is late and repetitive).

• Options
    We have the Graco HeadWise and I own a Ford Escape. I recommend both :)
    And but also my HeadWise fit in my Dodge Caliber great too and that car had like 0 room.
  • Options
    I have the Safety 1st Advanced Air 70 and love it! It's actually a version of the Maxi Cosi Pria (same company) with the new EPP foam they use on the Prezi....and it has a 4 position recline. I actually think it's a little nicer then the Pria because it's steel reinforced, has color coded belt paths, and very soft cushy material. I'll add a pic of it's super soft fabric. Both it and the Pria are assembled in the USA. Here are the shell heights for you:

https://carseatblog.com/23355/rear-facing-convertible-seats-measurements-height-limits-weight-limits/

I think the longest rear facing seats are the Radian and the Safety 1st Elite Air at 44 inches. The next longest shell heights are the Nextfit, Size 4 Me, and Advanced Air.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have britax roundabout and like it a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Britax seats don't have the highest RF height limits, my oldest son outgrew his shortly after he turned 2 and I got him a Chicco Nextfit to keep him RF. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We had the Safety 1st seat that @FmrAFBrat is talking about but we had to return it because while that carseat is AWESOME, it is also HUGE!!!! 
  • Options
    we were debating between the diono and the britax as well and we decided to go with the diono. I liked it mostly because it is an all in one and we won't need to get her another carseat or booster ever. S is teeny tiny so she'll fit in it till she's 18 and she can still fit in her infant seat for quite some time (it's in H's car now), but we decided to upgrade since we're also thinking of another one sooner rather than later. and will probably go to the new kiddo whenever that happens. The diono is narrower and all around less bulky than the britax seemed to be which made it a good option for more than one seat back there. If you do opt for the diono, I would highly recommend the angle adjuster. it really does provide so much more room. We have a Mazda CX-9 and without the angle adjuster, anyone sitting in our passenger seat had no leg room whatsoever. With the angle adjuster, it's like there's no carseat back there at all.
  • Options
    We have the Britax Marathon G4 in both of our cars (sedan and SUV). I like it a lot. My husband was able to install them quickly and W seems quite comfy even on our road trips.

Just in case you didn't see this in your research, it is recommended that this seat be tethered as well as secured with LATCH or a seat belt. That came as a surprise to my husband and I (research fail on my part).

• Options
    I have all 3 of those seats. They are all nice seats. The marathon takes up the least room RFing but also has the least amount of leg room. My 13 month is in the marathon RFing.

Radian XRT is my favorite!! It has the most leg room but take up a lot of space. It will probably fit in your car but you might need the angle adjuster. My 2.5 yr old is in the radian RFing. I plan on switching them when I FF my older child.

The pria is a very nice seat and my daughter was comfy it in but it's sooo wide. I gave that seat to my parents to use.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    We tried a bunch of carseats over the weekend and the Pria 70 is the only one that fit. The Diono was just way too tall. We went through as many as we could find locally based on this link.

https://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ultimate-rear-facing-convertible-space-comparison-review-size-matters/

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    We have a Graco Smart Seat. I love it but it is a little bulky. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"