Stay at Home Moms

Biking with baby

Is there any way to safely bike with a baby before 1 year?  I know letranger has an awesome bike that allows for a car seat but I need something that isn't expensive. ;)  I'm guessing the answer is no but it'd be awesome if there were something I didn't know about.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Biking with baby

• Our doctor told us no, partly because we could not find a properly fitting helmet until DD was 18 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Boo!!  That's what I figured.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • She is only 6 months..we may have to try the car seat in a bike trailer and put one of the older girls in the ibert.  Thanks!!
  • larkin220 said:
    @hheyderh
    I'm actually going to disagree with pp. There are plenty of helmets made for infants, just check Amazon or your local bike shop. We also use the iBert SafeT seat for out kids and they love it. It mounts on the frame and they ride in front of you. Look around, there are plenty of biking options that don't require a car seat. I have seen the iBert seat on Craigslist and I know several people besides us that have one. 
    As long as baby can sit up and has good head control with the helmet on I would try it out.
    We tried EVERY brand of baby helmet, none of them fit DD at all until 18 months and our pedi said she had to be in a helmet to be on a bike. Maybe my kid just has a tiny head.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"