Working Moms
Options

TIRED AFTER WORK

Moms,
I'm so tired by the time I get home at 5:30, feed baby, feed mommy, bathe baby and sit down. Any ideas on how to keep up the energy to entertain baby?
JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: TIRED AFTER WORK

• Options
    I wake up at 5:45 with hubby and try to fall back asleep until 6:30 to start the day. I work until 5 and go to bed by 10.
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    ya his alarm clock is FREAKING LOUD! He tries to be quiet though which is nice.
    I drink water, a little soda, a couple sips of coffee. Once I'm home I only drink water
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    What time is your DH home?  Can you switch off on stuff with the baby at night so that you get a little me time after work?  Maybe one of you feed the baby then the other bathe the baby? 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I agree with the iron level testing. Was categorized under low blood pressure before and was given iron supplements. Ask your work doc

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I have a similar problem and this week I've been passing out with the baby at 630 and I'm waking up still tired.

I think diet might have something to do with it. So I would take a look at what you are eating as well and make sure you are getting  a lot of veggies,  fruits and protein. I seem to do a lot better with energy levels when I am eating well. I've been eating like shit the past week- candy, caffeine, no dinner and my energy level is brutal, hence the 630 pass outs. 

I would also do as a PP suggested and just wake up with your husband at 545 and try and move around a bit- drink a big glass of water. Sometimes laying in bed for an extra 45 minutes feels nice but doesn't help you in the long run. 
  • Options
    Agree with PP's, diet and exercise were the biggest contributors of energy (or lack thereof), so I'd recommend while the weather's nice, taking an after dinner walk or jog. Good for you, good for baby, and if you get out of the house for a bit, you'll get a second wind and probably find that you'll sleep better once you actually go to bed. Adding in a quick morning workout is another great idea!
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member
    ccam said:
    What time is your DH home?  Can you switch off on stuff with the baby at night so that you get a little me time after work?  Maybe one of you feed the baby then the other bathe the baby? 
    This! Try and split baby related chores with your DH in the evenings. I get home at 6 and I usually feed the baby, DH does bath, gets him ready for bed and I then put him to bed by 7:30. With us, it's a team effort and it helps.

• Options
    I agree with PP that taking a quick walk after dinner will help.  With our w/o LO.  Sometimes I take one of my kids with me and DH watches the other.  Sometimes I go alone (with the dog).  Either way just 2 loops around my block helps me stay motivated for the rest of the night.  The walk also gives me a chance to decompress. 
  • Options
    I find that if I keep it moving I can get things accomplished, but once I sit down I am DONE.  I have learned that I am much more productive in the early morning than in the evening.  My DH also gets up early for work, so if I wake up early I will usually start moving around and getting some things done then.  So if I am really exhausted, I will go to bed and get up early the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"