Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Trying to shower

Help! My 16 month old wakes up usually when I have to get in the shower and get ready for work.I take him to daycare on my way to work. I need to figure out what to do with him, at least while I'm showering! Cartoons won't always work.
JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Trying to shower

• Options
    I shower at night for this very reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    As hard as it would be, I would either start setting my alarm about 10 minutes earlier to shower before he got up or I would make sure we had a completely safe, kid proofed room with a gate and let him play in there with a bowl of Cheerios while I showered quickly.  In our old house, our playroom was 100% safe for him to be in by himself for 10 minutes at a time so if I needed to shower, that's where I put him.  The night before is another option.  I've also heard of people pulling their high chair into the bathroom with a sippy cup and some Cheerios while they showered.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When DD wakes up before I shower she just gets one with me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! All good ideas! I'll try em' out. Showering the night before doesn't work with my hair..especially not in the summer time.  ;)
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    tig594tig594 member
    DD either goes in her pack-n-play or her high chair sitting at the entrance to the bathroom.  Both with a bottle and a book or whatever she's into at the moment.  We chat while I'm in there.
  • Options
    DS's room is on the 2nd floor and there is a bathroom next door.  The 2nd floor is babyproofed so I shower while he roams around.  99% of the time, he either plays or reads in his room, or reads in the bathroom floor.  I'm only showering for 10 mins max so I don't think it's a big deal.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I shower at night, too. My hair just looks meh a lot. LOL
  • Options
    LimaDLimaD member
    If it's right when you're about to shower, can you just take a fast shower and let him wait?  That's what I do, but DD doesn't mind hanging in her crib. When she wakes she usually just plays with her lovey for a while before letting me know she's up
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    dukemeli said:
    I shower at night for this very reason.

This.  I've always preferred to shower at night, but now with a toddler, I find it much easier to shower after he's gone to sleep, and I can take my time/enjoy it/relax. 

DS is already up when I am up in the morning, and he plays in the bathroom as I get ready. 

• Options
    My LO gets up at 6. I just make sure I am up and ready before that time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"