January 2014 Moms
Options

breast feeding law in Michigan passed

As of yesterday gov. Schneider signed a law making it illegal to ask a breast feeding mom in a public place to leave. ( I didn't know a breast feeding mom could be asked to leave) If I was ever asked to leave because of breast feeding, I would go ape shit on that person. It's pretty sad our society has to pass laws like these. I breast feed all the time in public. I never really notice dirty looks, but I could also be oblivious to them. I would attach the article but I am on mobile and too lazy to. Anyone aware of laws like these? I guess 45 states have laws similar to this one.
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: breast feeding law in Michigan passed

• Options
    Yeah, I think its ridiculous that such laws are necessary. I also think its ridiculous that there are still 5 states that don't have laws to protect nursing mothers. Why on earth is there so much stink about breastfeeding anyways?? Its just a baby. Its just boobs. Get the f$# over it people.
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I agree, how sad that they have to have a law protecting your right to feed your baby.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That blows my mind! I've never noticed dirty looks in public, either - honestly half the time I don't think people even realize what I'm doing as I try to be subtle about it. I just don't get the logic that someone can waltz around in a triangle top bikini showing just as much (or probably more) than a breastfeeding mother, or we can have billboards of lingerie models, but a nursing mom is shocking or disturbing enough to some to require a law to protect her? Crazy. But I am glad that things seem to be changing, at least!
  • Options
    I'm in a fb group of breastfeeding moms who live mostly near each other. One of them got flack for nursing at the public pool and so they are having a "nurse in" at that pool.

Love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options

I'm in a fb group of breastfeeding moms who live mostly near each other. One of them got flack for nursing at the public pool and so they are having a "nurse in" at that pool.

Love it!

That's awesome!

I could care less what ppl think of me. I think that's why I don't notice looks.

• Options
    Maybe the European mom's can chime in but I'd it like this over there. If I recall correctly no one uses covers over there? I don't think I have ever seen a mom in the states not use a cover.

• Options
    Roses87 said:
    Maybe the European mom's can chime in but I'd it like this over there. If I recall correctly no one uses covers over there? I don't think I have ever seen a mom in the states not use a cover.

~~~~~~quote box~~~~~~~~~~

I've never seen it either, but I may not be a good example because I'm pretty sure I've seen less than 10 people NIP here. Not because people don't do it, but because Germany's birth rate is so low. Not many ladies with babies roaming about. I always cover with a blanket, but not because other people would side-eye me if I didn't--I don't have any nursing tanks or shirts, and I don't want everyone seeing my stretch mark covered tummy when I pull my shirt up :(
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"