June 2013 Moms
Options

What is the worst?

WasNotWasWasNotWas member
edited June 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Which is your least favorite thing about taking care of your LO?
                                                              #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

What is the worst? 137 votes

Clipping Fingernails
18% 26 votes
Bathtime
2% 3 votes
Wiping/Sucking Snot
16% 22 votes
Changing Diapers
19% 27 votes
Cleaning Up After Meals
40% 55 votes
I love everything on this list...*ahem bullshit*
2% 4 votes

Re: What is the worst?

• Options
    Clean up. I do not like doing dishes and now to add a tray that needs to be wiped or rinsed constantly. It would be even worse if we didn't have a dog!
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Options
    Cleaning up after dinner for sure. He had broccoli in his diaper last night!
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Diaper changing. It's almost impossible without someone else holding him down.

• Options
    I am the sole fingernail clipper hater right now. I have to hold him down and then I wind up just sharpening the edges so that he can dig deeper into my skin...

• Options
    haha mind twins @subliminalrabbit

• Options
    EmAzeem said:

Ross up between snot sucking and nail clipping. Chose the snots. You'd think I was abusing him the way he freaks

This but I chose nails. I have figured out how to pin him down with one arm and snot suck with the other. I have not been able to figure out how to hold him still enough to get his nails done quickly. It turns into an all day event where I get the nails clipped one or two at a time and it drives us bothe crazy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    musicalsilvermusicalsilver member
    edited June 2014
    It was a close toss-up between nail-clipping and snot-wiping.

I've had okay luck with waiting until LO is dead asleep at night and sneaking in with a flashlight to do his nails, so I went for the snot-wiping.  

LO has just gotten waaaay too good at wiggling out of the way of wipes.  I really thought I wouldn't be that Mom with the snotty-faced kid, but frankly, it's too exhausting when he's got a cold and wiping snot all over his face to get it all off.  And I hate making him scream bloody murder to get it off.  So snot on the face it is.

ETA: and I don't want to jinx us, but I feel we may be slowly moving out of the diaper changing/mongoose wrestling matches - so here's to hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel for the diaper-changing hating ladies out there!

Oh, and my dogs are seriously my life-savers when it comes to dinner clean-up.  Couldn't stay sane without them.  It's totally worth it, despite the times that LO wastes food by just donating it to the dogs to watch them eat it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Snot sucking, omg, it is the worst with DD.  I usually wind up so pissed off because she fights it so hard.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    I don't know if I loath anything on that list, they all suck a little bit. I chose changing diapers because about 75% of the time she is trying to get away. Meal times are frustrating right now because she's become very pick and just throws things on the floor if she doesn't want them.

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    Diapers! He doesn't want to lay on his back anymore and constantly tries to grab himself when he has a poopy diaper.
  • Options
    Bathtime if I have to do it because he ALWAYS poops.  Aiden has even taken to yelling "I think he's dropping a deuce!" lol  But DH handles bath most nights so of the things I usually end up having to do, clean up from dinner is top of the list.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    These days it's a toss up between the steer wrestling diaper changes and clean up after meals. Books no longer work as a distraction while changing a dirty and I am clearly not a fast enought wiper to get her clean before she tries to take off. I have always hated doing dishes, and now throwing in all the extra mess from LO, it tops my list. Fingernails would have previously been my #1 but yesterday she sat nicely on the bed while I clipped each one. She seemed quite intrigued and I'm hoping that the calm fascination continues
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    Diaper changes. O. M. G. the diaper changes. It's not what's in them, it's the full workout wrestling session that's involved in getting the danm things off and on. I'm seriously sweating by the end and he's screaming at me. I'm actually embarrassed to change him in front of people because it looks like I'm putting him in the headlock to get him to stay still long enough, when is it acceptable to switch to pull ups exactly? 
  • Options
    I dislike snot sucking the most because she acts like I am water-boarding her.

But I find nail clipping to be the hardest. It's almost impossible to do with a baby moving all her hands and legs simultaneously to get away from me.
  • Options
    Diapers. Blueberries make it so much worse. There was one day he pooped like 5 times before 5pm and I was on the verge of tears.
    N

Mr. Baby's ticker

• Options
    Cleaning up after meals is the worst. He's a pig! I wipe down the highchair about 5 times a day if we are home.

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Cleaning up after meals is the worst. He's a pig! I wipe down the highchair about 5 times a day if we are home.

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"