January 2014 Moms
Options

Would you do this?

ccip82ccip82 member
edited June 2014 in January 2014 Moms
I have the opportunity to go away with a couple of my close girlfriends in October. We would be leaving on a Friday morning and coming back on a Monday evening. DH is fine with me going...I'm just experiencing mommy-guilt in leaving my 8 1/2 month old and almost three year old. Would you go away? (Trip involves leaving the UK and a couple short flights)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

Would you do this? 120 votes

Yes
69% 83 votes
No
26% 32 votes
SS
4% 5 votes

Re: Would you do this?

• Options
    DH and I are going to a wedding in November in Cancun. Mil will babysit. I already hate the idea of leaving Abby but it will be good for me and for me and dh. We fly out Friday and were coming home Sunday but the tickets were $220 more (each ticket) than if we fly home Monday. The hotel is $189 a night. So we are staying the extra day. (Probably break even with the cost of food and an extra day car is at airport but gives us an extra day away). I'm dreading the extra day but I also deserve the break and vacation and I'm sure you do too! Go and have fun! Then when you get home, sneak in lots of extra cuddles!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EsthiEsthi member
    You also deserve some time for your self once ... My opinion
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always tell myself that I am suffering more than the baby is!

TTC since 01/13-Uterine Septum Surgery 12/12- During Surgery found Mod-Severe Endo which had left adhesions and attacked a tube. Very blessed to have found all this before TTC!

• Options
    8 1/2 months is old enough to be away from mommy for a few night, I would hope. FTM though so no idea. In the very least Momma getting some time to herself wont KILL them!
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would think that it will be a refreshing break for you. Daddy can take care of the kids (and see what it's really like). Yes you'll miss the kiddos, but absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    GO!

Kids will be with their father - its not like they will be staying with a stranger. 

• Options
    Definitely ok to go!! Mommy needs time to recharge her batteries, it will be good for you and your family. DH will get to spend some quality one on one time with the kiddos and gain a better appreciation for how much you do for your children. 8 1/2 months is definitely old enough to let DH handle things for a few days. My sis, SIL and a couple friends have also been talking about a girl's trip we just need to get our butts in gear and plan it!
  • Options
    You're a SAHM, right? GO!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Thanks everyone. I think my mind was already made up, but I felt guilty for leaving DH behind while I did something really fun with my girlfriends. I think I would not feel as guilty if it were DH and I going somewhere and leaving the kids with family.

To answer the question, yes I am a SAHM.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Go and have fun! If I had really close girlfriends in IRL I would go. One day maybe DH will go on a trip with his friends so don't feel guilty. Do it! So jealous!
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    @Marbee1214

Or you all could come to Europe.... ;)

It's not like we are going somewhere really exotic. We are going to Poland to buy pottery and probably drink. 

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82 said:

@Marbee1214

Or you all could come to Europe.... ;)

It's not like we are going somewhere really exotic. We are going to Poland to buy pottery and probably drink. 
    Krakow? I went to a fabulous bazaar there many years ago. I got a one of a kind hand knit wool sweater for the equivalent of $12.

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    @peanutmuse

Boleslawiec, Poland. It is in the southwestern region. I would love to do other types of shopping as well. Here is examples of the pottery.

sibling love  

• Options
    For me, the issue would be my supply as it is right now. I would have a hard time pumping that much. So it's hard for me to separate that issue for myself personally. (I know we'll start BLW soon, but I don't know how that will affect my supply...so...IDK.)
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    For me, the issue would be my supply as it is right now. I would have a hard time pumping that much. So it's hard for me to separate that issue for myself personally. (I know we'll start BLW soon, but I don't know how that will affect my supply...so...IDK.)
    I always keep about 100 oz of BM in my freezer stash. It gets rotated out, so I should have more than enough BM fir DS. Also, I'm hoping with the introduction to solids next month, he wont be needing as much BM. I do have a genuine concern about my supply dropping because I would be only pumping for four days and most likely not as often as I nurse. 

sibling love  

• Options
    peanutmusepeanutmuse member
    edited June 2014
    @ccip82, nice! I didn't go that far west in Poland. I went to Warsaw and Krakow, and then over to Prague. I heart Prague. My husband I intend to take a trip there once the kid/kids are a bit older, likely amongst other places. :)

ETA: The "nice" is in terms of the pottery, not the potential in your supply dropping. Bad post timing!
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    @ccip82, nice! I didn't go that far west in Poland. I went to Warsaw and Krakow, and then over to Prague. I heart Prague. My husband I intend to take a trip there once the kid/kids are a bit older, likely amongst other places. :)
    @peanutmuse

Prague is on my bucket list. I hear people rave about it all the time!! From the little research I've done, it looks amazing. I'm trying to convince DH to take the kids and I for a long weekend there before we leave Scotland. 

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82 said:
    @peanutmuse

Prague is on my bucket list. I hear people rave about it all the time!! From the little research I've done, it looks amazing. I'm trying to convince DH to take the kids and I for a long weekend there before we leave Scotland. 
    @ccip82 -- My husband did a post-college-backpack-around-Europe trip for a summer. Made no advance plans, stayed in hostels and with host families. The whole cliche, haha. Prague was his favorite place. So we are definitely in the Prague fan club.
  • Options
    Yep.  Wouldn't think twice.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    ccip82 said:
    Thanks everyone. I think my mind was already made up, but I felt guilty for leaving DH behind while I did something really fun with my girlfriends. I think I would not feel as guilty if it were DH and I going somewhere and leaving the kids with family.

To answer the question, yes I am a SAHM.
    Bc I am, too, and I would die for a no kids trip!!!  Go any enjoy one for me!  Mojito or iced tea and firefly!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I voted no for myself, but definitely think you should go. I have my own anxiety issues and don't think I'd feel comfortable or be able to really enjoy myself, but kind of wish I could! Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"