October 2012 Moms

Allergies

Any allergies suggestions? LO has been sneezing all last week and then the end of the week was when the runny nose started and cough. I called the pediatrician and they said she could have children's benedryl but when I went to get it at walgreens I saw it was for ages 6-11. The pharmacist suggested a different/safer one for her age. It helps a little. She is starting to get back on her normal sleep schedule and remembering that naps help but still has some of the allergy symptoms.

Now the main problem is mucus from when she had the runny nose. She coughs it up and swallows it. I don't know how to teach her not to swallow it. Tonight she had a cough attack and threw up a little.

I know allergies have been mentioned before but I don't have the energy to go through posts to find it.

Re: Allergies

• ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited June 2014
    When I was looking through meds for sale for Henry's eczema, I found children's Claritin and Zyrtec (I think?) also for sale. Those were for kids two years old and up — What does your doctor think about those? I was also told to use Benadryl (for the eczema) but was also put off by the high age cut off. Seems unsafe to keep using that for what could be a long-term problem... :-/
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Our pedi also recommended zyrtec for seasonal allergies. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone. Zyrtec was the medicine the pharmacist recommended too. She sleeps on a thin pillow already. I hope this passes soon. She won't let me help her nose much.
  • The girls had runny noses and coughing fits for four months STRAIGHT. I kept thinking it was a cold, but the pedi suggested it was allergies and to try this. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Sugar-Free-Children-s-Grape-Flavor-Allergy-Relief-Liquid-4-fl-oz/34754139 They cleared up within 3 or 4 days with one dose before bed each night (could cause drowsiness). It's also for 2 and up but was cleared by pedi.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"