Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

12 month bed time issue

My son just turned 1 and over the weekend he started giving me a hard time going to bed. He has always been really easy to put to bed and has slept through the night since he was about 1 month old.

Our routine is that he gets a bath (every other night), put his pajamas on and then cereal and a bottle and then he goes up to his crib. I usually hear him play for about 10 minutes and then he falls asleep.

Well, since Friday, we do the same thing and then when I get to the top of the stairs he starts crying. I put him in his crib, still crying, and walk out. He will cry himself to sleep, it usually goes on for about 30 minutes with my husband or myself going in 1 time.

It is j just something he is going through? Should I change his bedtime routine?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 12 month bed time issue

• Options
    I agree.  Kids go through phases.  Unfortunately STTN is more of a generally sleeping most of the time sort of thing.  Both of my kids have nights/days where good sleep isn't going to happen.  It's frustrating but it is what it is.  

If you're sure he doesn't have an ear infection or some other pain then just go in every few minutes to comfort until he settles.  It could be just a bout of separation anxiety when your LO needs some extra love.  
  • Options
    Could be the start of separation anxiety. My son was just over 12 months when that started at night. He didn't have a transitional item then so we introduced a lovey. He's not totally adducted it now at 18 months like some kids get, but it is part of the bedtime routine and seemed to help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son has been a great sleeper since 4 months old and he started having issues at bedtime. We have been keeping him up about 15-20 mins past his bedtime and now he is back to falling asleep within 1-2 mins.
  • Options
    NDaryaNDarya member
    DS went through separation anxiety around 1 yo mark. It messed up his sleep and it took us awhile to fall back into the normal bed routine. If pain is ruled out I'd assume your LO needs some more attention and/or lovey whatever works. 
     CafeMom TickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"