2nd Trimester
Options

Pregnant with Twins - Weight Gain

I am 16 weeks (3 days) pregnant with identical twin boys. I've read in your second trimester you should gain at least one pound per week with twins. I think I've barely gained any weight this trimester or my scale is broken. I had no morning sickness my first tri and gained about 5 pounds. Now my stomach is growing and the boys seem to be right on track but I don't seem to be gaining weight. I eat all the time and I do try to eat healthy but I'm getting worried about not gaining weight. I have my next check up Wednesday but I figured I see if any one else had experienced anything like this? Thanks

Re: Pregnant with Twins - Weight Gain

• Options
    h there!! well i'm not having twins but i'm 23 wks pregnant and i havent been gaining much weight throughout my pregnancy either.
    i started out at 117 lbs and at my last pre-natal visit i weighed in at 122 lbs... gained a total of 5 lbs. i guess everyone's different and every pregnancy is different as well. once the baby is doing ok then you have nothing to worry about. 
  • Options
    You might want to look for the answer on the multiples board- search back through a few pages, it comes up a lot. I am 17 weeks and have regained what I lost in first tri and put on about 1-2 lbs. My doc wasn't concerned about my appt last week and said usually you put on 40-60 lbs, but I didn't need to force feed myself.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    I have no idea what's normal for twins, but I am 20.5 weeks, and am still down 3 pounds.  I started off about 10 to 15 pounds overweight (thanks to never losing all of my baby weight from DS), and the baby is growing normally (even measuring a few days ahead, whatever that means at this point), so my midwife and I are fine with it. 

• Options
    Thanks for all the encouraging words. I've checked the multiples board and I'm not the only one so thats a relief this is my first pregnancy so I could just be worrying too much :)
  • Options
    Turns out my scale is just a little off and the doctor thinks I'm right on track with me weight =D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"