August 2013 Moms
Options

vomiting

Has any one else's LO been vomiting after bottles lately?  For the past three weeks LO has been throwing up after finishing a bottle while drowsy/going down for a nap or at night.  It started when he had a cold, so we chucked it up to congestion making it harder to drink and breathe at once and him swallowing air.  But he's been completely over the cold for a week now and still throws up about once every other day.  It happens either as soon as he falls asleep or after he's been sleeping for 10-15 minutes.  He hadn't had any reflux/spit-ups/need to be burped after bottles for months now and now it's just projectile.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: vomiting

• Options
    That's odd. Nothing like that happening here. Maybe he's eating more solids than usual and isn't taking his bottles as good as he used to and that extra bit is making it's way up? 

Either way, hope your little man feels better soon! <3

• Options
    We haven't experienced that but I second @TrueBeliever925‌ 's idea about the solids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, DH mentioned this morning that he thought it might be from overeating.  LO has been eating more solids.  When he's awake, he also drinks his bottles in little "snacks" of 2-3oz with 15-30 minutes of play in between.  When he's drowsy he takes in 3-6oz at a time, and he tends to have some solids 1-2 hours before naps and bed time too.  We'll try making his bed time bottles small.  Hopefully he won't be harder to put down that way and won't start waking up more at night.
  • Options
    DS has had this happen twice in the last month or so...I agree with the ladies above. I really think he is probably getting too full which is causing him to throw up a little bit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    vulpinivulpini member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks ladies.  It's been hard to gauge his appetite.  Sometimes we offer a smaller bottle and he keeps sucking on it after finishing it and cries/wakes up again when we take it away.  He's never taken a paci, but maybe he's sucking more for comfort than for food while falling asleep.
  • Options
    I'll add that I've been noticing that J hasn't been finishing some of his bottles. I don't feel like we are feeding him any more solids than usual, so he just may be dropping some of his bottle intake. It seems like at least 2 of his bottles he leaves 2-3 oz (out of a 6 oz). It's hard to gauge what he needs though. :P 

Good luck, @vulpini! Hopefully it is just him overeating a little bit and nothing major like reflux or anything! 

• Options
    I'm not sure if it's something to worry about or not. The only thing I can offer is that the stomach flap doesn't fully develop until one year of age, so it's not uncommon for babies to spit up especially in certain positions until it fully develops. My DH was a "happy spitter" for a long time. My MIL said the carpet was disgusting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"