Potty Training

Potty trained in public but not at home?

DS is 23 months and we threw the diapers out  2 months ago.  I know he has control because he will go when I ask him, tells me after he goes and rarely has an accident in public or at someone else's house.  But when we are at home he has days where he will pee every 5 minutes and not even seem to care.  Occasionally we have days where he is really good and asks to go but most days he just goes when he feels like it and sometimes resists when I try to take him to the toilet.  He's always happy to use public restrooms or go outside.  And he was fully poop trained, asked to go, didn't have an accident for weeks and now he goes in his underwear all the time.  I would put him back in diapers for my own sanity but I know that won't be good for him.  I KNOW he can do it, he just doesn't want to or isn't motivated.  We've tried rewards and even candy doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?  Is this normal?  How long will it last?  Please tell me there is an answer besides continued patience, I'm all out of that!  

Started TTC January 2007 4 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs
2012 - Adopted Child #1
2014- Adopted Child #2

2015 - Fostering Child #3

Check out my infertility turned adoption blog: Discovering Joy In The Storm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"