High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

FET 6 week 2 day u/s no heartbeat is there hope? Success stories?

I am seeking answers and support for my situation. I did an FET and at the 6 week 2 day scan there was no heartbeat. It measured 5 days 6 weeks. Crown rump measurement 2.9mm. Doc said 50/50 chance of seeing a hb at this stage. Maybe there is no hb yet because it is a late implanter? Have to wait until Saturday for the next u/s. Soooo nervous and would like to know if anyone had a similar experience? Would love to know. Thanks for reading! And good luck to you all.

Re: FET 6 week 2 day u/s no heartbeat is there hope? Success stories?

• Options
    Wish I could leave a positive comment or story, but I have had 6 miscarriages. Couple going up to the 14/15 week.
    When detecting no h/b during ultrasound they usually ask to do a internal ultrasound and that in my experiences is never good... It doesn't matter how far along you are, losing baby is hard. But I wish you best of luck and miracles do happen. :)
    And best to talk to someone. It helps.
  • Options
    This was an internal ultrasound. When you do IVF you get internal ultrasounds from the beginning. No hb during an external ultrasound is not good, this is. A completely different situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My RE doesn't do u/s before 7w for this exact reason. HB should be there at 7w, but before that its up in the air.

He also gives a 3 day window either way for measurements.

All my u/s at RE were internal. As was my first one with MFM. External started at 11w.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    We did not have a heartbeat at 6w and did at 7w.  It is all so iffy at that point.  Just try to relax and think positive thoughts!
  • Options
    This pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 5w5d and all they could see was the sac. My sac measured 6w3d even.though I was sure of my dates. I was prepped for miscarriage. I went back for the follow up 6 days later and there was my baby with a hb and yolk sac. I spoke to my MFM and he said o should have been told to come back. That he does not see people for this reason until 8 weeks. He said the only time he gets concerned at that early of a gestation is when there is a baby measuring appropriate to size with no hb. Good luck. Praying for a good outcome for you.
  • Options
    Had a follow up u/s today. There was only a sac this time. It is non viable.
  • Options
    I am very sorry.  You are in my thoughts.  Prayers for easy healing from this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"