September 2013 Moms
Options

laundry question

How many of you are still washing LO's clothing separately from the rest of the family's laundry? Just curious.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: laundry question

• Options
    We are now washing everything together with regular detergent. We started at about 6 months and added one or two baby items to the regular wash. When she had no reaction to this we just continued to keep everything together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have always washed all of our clothes together. I changed our detergent to all free and clear before he was born. I don't have time to get laundry done now let alone if I did his clothes desperately from ours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends. If she has a lot of
    laundry- ie: sheets, changing pad covers and clothes, I'll wash all of her stuff seperately with dreft. If its a few bibs or an outfit or two, I'll throw her stuff in with ours and wash with tide.
  • Options
    Still separate but I throw her stuff in with mine if I see it on the way to do laundry. I LOVE the smell of Dreft but damn it's expensive so for now I have free & clear. Probably do all together after it runs out.

• Options
    I was everyone's pile separately. I probably wash one load per kid a week. LO makes a lot of dirty clothes since she eats real food and tries to eat her bibs all day. I use free and clear for the kids and regular for the adults. Everyone gets free and clear dryer sheets.

Eta: I do wash DH and my clothes together. I just separate the kids.

• Options
    We never did since I have always used a free and clear detergent. I have super sensitive skin so everybody's clothes are washed with that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    drey1028 said:

I wash all of her things separately except a few times here and there

This exactly.
  • Options
    I usually keep them separate, but mostly because the Velcro on the bibs has damaged some of our clothes when I have washed them all together. We've used free and clear long before baby, so it's not a detergent thing. I also think it's easier to fold and put the clothes away when they are already separate.
    TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options
    We all use the same detergent, but wash separately. I wash her clothes in warm and mine in cold. We have different laundry baskets, so there's no sorting.

• Options
    We still do DD's clothes seperately and use Dreft with Downey free and clear liquid softener.
  • Options
    Wash it separately but it's only the matter of convenience other then anything else. I use the same free and clear detergent for everyone's laundry. She has a hamper in her room so I wash it once it's full.
  • Options
    Mostly still separate, although I occasionally mix them. He has his own hamper which is the main reason.
  • Options
    I wash my stuff and DDs stuff together with Tide. I used the free and clear until 5 months or so, then started adding a little Tide into each load to check for reaction.
    I don't do DHs laundry unless he sees me putting my own stuff in and asks to throw a few items in with the load.

• Options
    We wash together. Things with Velcro and socks go in mesh laundry bags. Cloth diapers and wipes get washed together, separate from everything else. We've always used ef laundry detergent, so dye, etc. free for all of us.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    I separate because it's easier that way, I like to sit in her room and fold/ put away as I go and it would just be inconvenient to be separating our clothes from hers while I do that. I use free and clear on her clothes but if I need something washed and I'm doing my laundry I don't hesitate to throw her stuff in with mine if it's just a couple things. I use regular tide and fabric softener on our stuff and the few times I've mixed her stuff in she hasn't had a reaction.
  • Options
    DS and I use free and clear no fabric softener or dryer sheets because we both have sensitive skin. I wash our separate or together depending on what/ how much is being washed. I put socks and bibs in mesh bags but still don't put with my work clothes. All of DH clothes are washed separate with a scented detergent he likes.
  • Options
    I have never ever specifically washed any LOs clothes separately. I don't have time for that. (Obviously, CDs are washed separately.) All dirty laundry gets tossed in the same hamper. When it's full, I throw a load in.

For me, it's faster to separate as it's put away. 
  • Options
    SweetC80 said:

I wash her stuff separate, but only because she has a seperate laundry basket and DH and I share one. So, I grab a basket and take to the laundry room, sometimes it's ours sometimes its DD's.

This is us exactly
  • Options
    I wash everything separately. I use ivory snow for all of her clothing. It's working and I'm not changing it for awhile.
    BFP#1 - 9/19/2012 M/C 10/8/2012 7W5D BFP#2 - 1/13/2013 This is our first child. We are praying this one is our sticky baby. Hoping and praying for a successful 9 months. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH always washes his own clothes. I wash DD's clothes and my clothes together sometimes, and sometimes not together. It depends on what I'm washing. It's not specifically to keep her clothes separate.

I use All Free N Clear because of me. Anything else makes me itchy.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We wash all together- all clothes are washed in the same natural detergent. Cloth diapers are separate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Depends, usually I wash hers with ours because I try not to let loads get too big and I use Tide Free & Clear because of my own skin having contact dermatitis (allergic skin contact reactions) to perfumes and preservatives in like everything :-<

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    I wash the boys clothes together and sometimes I'll throw some of their stuff in with  mine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"