High-Risk Pregnancy

Pregnant after Mirena perforation Removal

umbcptumbcpt member
edited June 2014 in High-Risk Pregnancy
We decided we were ready to start TTC in January.  So I thought, I'll go get the Mirena out.  Easy right?  Well, doc couldn't grab it in the office, set up a dilation procedure, and then it was gone.  She told DH I likely 'passed it'.  I was doubtful, began having severe pain four days after the procedure, went through an US and finally an X-ray and it was floating in my abdomen.  I had surgery to remove it on 2/15.  But the doctor said that the perforation happened 'some time ago' and since I didn't get pregnant, that we were likely 'dealing with infertility.'  I suspect something likely happened in that first procedure to cause the perforation, since she said she saw it but couldn't grab it without hurting me, since the strings had curled back up inside, and then suddenly it was gone.  It felt like I had been punched in the stomach with her infertility comment.  So, three cycles later, I am pregnant, thank goodness!!!! 

Just curious if Mirena perforation happened to anyone else and if anyone had any problems due to that complication.  

This is my third pregnancy, and the first two were high risk, due to differing reasons, and I am prepared to be classified here again.  I got to the doctor on 7/14.  This board was my saving grace during my second pregnancy and long bed rest.  

TIA.

BabyFetus Ticker
Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"