One & Done: Only child
Options

Thoughtful DH...how dare he.

So, I was all gung ho on doing a running program and doing really good, up to 8 km. but while DH was out of town I decided running was not for me. And what should DH bring me back from the US but a bunch of awesome running grear and is all pleased with himself. Damn it! Now I guess I will look good while I suffer it put a little longer for appeances sake, lol.

Re: Thoughtful DH...how dare he.

• Options
    meo34meo34 member
    Yes my compression pants and cool flow clothing are really going to turn it around I think. =)) . Are you on a training program or with a group?
  • Options
    meo34meo34 member
    Number of times is irrelavant, the main question is, do you have compression pants??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no!

I will totally take the gear off your hands. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I found running got more interesting and worthwhile after six weeks or so.  So, maybe promise to hang in there for 8 weeks (UGH!) and then re-evaluate.  
    IMG_8355
  • Options
    meo34meo34 member
    I found running got more interesting and worthwhile after six weeks or so.  So, maybe promise to hang in there for 8 weeks (UGH!) and then re-evaluate.  

Thanks for the encouragement to stick it out. Maybe I will turn a corner soon.
  • Options
    meo34 said:

This might sound weird but I have always been a runner and I have never actually liked running. I like the way my body feels after I am done with a run. The whole time I am running I just think about that feeling. Also, treadmills have never worked, outdoor scenic runs have always been easier. Good luck!

• Options
    meo34meo34 member
    lildis09 said:
    We could be each other's accountability buddies @meo34‌! B-)

That would be awesome! I also more so like the feeling I get after but don't enjoy it during. Also I prefer scenic runs rather than the treadmill but that gets tricky because the weather is pretty awful most times of the year.
  • Options
    I agree that running becomes more pleasant after you have been doing it awhile. I also was always miserable for the first 3 miles or so until the runner's high kicked in. I totally miss running, you guys! I want to give it a try again but I'm so scared of hurting my back again and needing another surgery. :/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    PB102012 said:

This might sound weird but I have always been a runner and I have never actually liked running. I like the way my body feels after I am done with a run. The whole time I am running I just think about that feeling. Also, treadmills have never worked, outdoor scenic runs have always been easier. Good luck!

I'm like this, too - I have to run outside, I never look forward to a run - I always look forward to clearing my head and feeling pretty good afterwards. It's like my yoga now, I need it to focus. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    gwendarlinggwendarling member
    edited June 2014
    I agree that running becomes more pleasant after you have been doing it awhile. I also was always miserable for the first 3 miles or so until the runner's high kicked in. I totally miss running, you guys! I want to give it a try again but I'm so scared of hurting my back again and needing another surgery. :/
    YES, THIS. 3 miles is so much harder than 4. Once I hit 3 miles, I feel like I can run forever, haha. 

@myaflowers, what happened with your back? 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    @gwendarling, I had a really bad herniated disc at L5/S1. I did a bunch of blocks and PT but after 2 years of pain, I had surgery. The nerve was so damaged that it took over a year to be pain free. My disc at L4/L5 is bulging a little but not affecting the nerve yet. They say I have degenerative disc disease. I'm scared to run because I don't want another disc to slip out and compress the nerve. I really miss running, though, and I'm considering trying to slowly ease back into it. It's probably not the best idea, though. :( I probably should save up a bunch of sick time first in case I need surgery. Lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"