Food Allergy

Dairy-free crockpot help

Hi Ladies, I need your help. DH just left to go out of the state for work for the next 6-8 weeks. To say that I'm nervous and overwhelmed is an understatement. I'm trying to do everything possible to make my life as simple and stress-free as possible while he is gone. DS is at that age where you can't turn your back on him for a second, so I'm thinking my crockpot is going to become my new best friend. What are some of your favorite, kid-friendly, dairy-free crock pot recipes? TIA!
imageimage

Re: Dairy-free crockpot help

• Pot Roast!!

Wash and halve baby red potatoes, sliced onions, a handful or two of baby carrots (or chop and peel your own, but I'm all about simplicity).  Pour about 2 cups of water in, salt and pepper to taste, sometimes I also throw in a few shakes of garlic powder too. Put the roast on top of everything, cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low. Delicious! The potatoes are amazingly flavorful and don't need butter (good news for dairy free!). I smash them and pour a little bit of the juice from the cooked roast over them, so amazing.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    Thank you both! I've also been pinning away on Pinterest today so I feel a little bit less frazzled today. :-)
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"