May 2014 Moms
Options

Let's talk about poop. Again, probably.

I'm on mobile, and a lazy lazy person, so pardon the possible re-thread.

What range of color and consistency is normal for EBF babies?

P had had some that are greener-ish and somewhat slimey and curd-y. Is this okay? There isn't a fever, but it has been frequent (5 a day??) and he is gassy.

Re: Let's talk about poop. Again, probably.

• Options
    My son goes a lot. Almost with every feed which his pediatrician said was fine. She also said it should be yellow but green is also normal. She also said as long as it is seedy (like curds of milk) it is ok. I guess when it is pure liquid it can be an issue. I was worried about a hind milk imbalance, but she said that would be mucousy green with no curds
  • Options
    haylo33 said:

My son goes a lot. Almost with every feed which his pediatrician said was fine. She also said it should be yellow but green is also normal. She also said as long as it is seedy (like curds of milk) it is ok. I guess when it is pure liquid it can be an issue. I was worried about a hind milk imbalance, but she said that would be mucousy green with no curds

Thanks! This answers my question.

There was a poop color guide out there somewhere. If anyone has it, please help a sister out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    My LO had green frothy poops for about a week and the pedi was not concerned. As long as LO is gaining weight and having enough wet diapers per day there is a big range of OK poop colors (yellow, orange, mustard, green).
  • Options
    Just to contribute to show the "range of normal" my EBF baby poops every four or five days and it is yellow and very runny. Apparently normal, says the pedi!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    My LO pooped many times per day (at least six?) until this past week. She only did one or two small ones in four days. Pedi said this could be normal, so I wasn't too worried. This afternoon I looked down and she had a big ring of poop all the way around the top of her diaper, under her onesie. It was the biggest blowout to date, poop was everywhere. Thank goodness DH was home to help, that was an insane cleanup. I had read on here that when they only go every few days it's a big one, but I had NO IDEA the extent of it. It was so incredible, I just had to share. God help me when she does this when we're out of the house!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My LO pooped many times per day (at least six?) until this past week. She only did one or two small ones in four days. Pedi said this could be normal, so I wasn't too worried. This afternoon I looked down and she had a big ring of poop all the way around the top of her diaper, under her onesie. It was the biggest blowout to date, poop was everywhere. Thank goodness DH was home to help, that was an insane cleanup. I had read on here that when they only go every few days it's a big one, but I had NO IDEA the extent of it. It was so incredible, I just had to share. God help me when she does this when we're out of the house!

Piers seems to only have his blowouts when we are out. It sort of impresses me in a disgusting proud boy mom way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"