September 2013 Moms
Options

Randoms

What are y'all doing today? Anything on your mind?

Re: Randoms

• Options
    Salemkitty13Salemkitty13 member
    edited June 2014
    We are going to get photos taken this morning. I'm very excited. I ordered DS a couple of hats for the shoot and they all came in on time. Yay! 
    Then we are going to a nearby 'zoo'. I have not heard of this zoo so I'm wondering if it's more of a petting zoo. We will see.
     If it is DS will not be doing any petting. He has broken out in hives 3x this week and is scaring me to death. We think DN may be doing something to him but we aren't sure. :(
  • Options
    So far this morning I've been grocery shopping and then DH and I took DS to a farmer's market at a nearby park. It was great!

Now we're at home trying to get LO down for a nap. After that I'm not sure what we'll be doing. It's nice to have a weekend off with no set plans.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are in the process of moving and I am exhausted. And H is getting ready to go on a work trip so it's going to be just me getting ready for the big part of the move and I know it will be impossible to get much done with LO. But my H has been getting on my nerves today so maybe it will be ok. Sorry, I'm feeling rambly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We started painting the outside of our house this weekend and it's such a big project. I'm very thankful the in laws came over to help out with LO and to paint. This is the first time they have "babysat" for us and it went very well but I'm also happy they were just inside the house in case it didn't go so well.
  • Options
    I decided to take a day out of the house just DD and I today. We first stopped at one of my friends local kids shop and bought LO 2 new hats, I also was looking into buying a new carrier since I was dying in the one she was in today.

I decided to take a walk by the river because it was too cold for the splash pad. I ended up at the museum about our city so I strolled on in for the first time and actually learned a lot about the history of our city! Interesting to say the least..

I decided to continue walking and ended up at the mall, ate some salad while LO napped in the carrier and then I headed home. We had a good day :)
  • Options
    @triplea598‌ @starscream Sorry I wasn't on last night. 
    The first time he got hives we were at a restaurant. He had cantaloupe and puffs. DN was eating ice cream and pineapple. He fed DS some puffs we think he may have had pineapple or ice cream on his hands. DS broke out around his mouth first. Also, a random guy grabbed DS hand on the way out of the restaurant. So could have been dairy, pineapple, cantaloupe(although he has had it several times) or random guy germs. 

The second time he was on the kitchen floor playing with DN. The dogs had come through the room. So dogs or some cross contaminate on a toy. 

Third time playing with DN and my mom on kitchen floor. DS was playing/ chewing a wooden spoon. The dogs had run through again so, dogs? Cross contaminate on spoon? 

Ugh. It's scary and frustrating. We have an appointment with the allergist on June 30. Until then he can have pouch spinach peas and squash, puffs and breastmilk. Hopefully no more reactions. BTW to make matters worse I'm allergic to Benadryl. So we can't even give him that.
  • Options
    @drey1028‌ that's funny about the yoga pants. I would have told him they were my mommy uniform :) What crafts did you start? I haven't started crafts yet but I did buy some decorations this weekend.
  • Options
    @drey1028‌ Those are awesome crafts! I would love to see finished projects. My classroom was in charge of table decorations for a fundraiser dinner when I worked for a non profit school for persons with autism. I made 25 topiaries with paper flowers. They were not as fancy as the flowers in the photo though.
  • Options
    S

@triplea598‌ @starscream Sorry I wasn't on last night. 

The first time he got hives we were at a restaurant. He had cantaloupe and puffs. DN was eating ice cream and pineapple. He fed DS some puffs we think he may have had pineapple or ice cream on his hands. DS broke out around his mouth first. Also, a random guy grabbed DS hand on the way out of the restaurant. So could have been dairy, pineapple, cantaloupe(although he has had it several times) or random guy germs. 

The second time he was on the kitchen floor playing with DN. The dogs had come through the room. So dogs or some cross contaminate on a toy. 

Third time playing with DN and my mom on kitchen floor. DS was playing/ chewing a wooden spoon. The dogs had run through again so, dogs? Cross contaminate on spoon? 

Ugh. It's scary and frustrating. We have an appointment with the allergist on June 30. Until then he can have pouch spinach peas and squash, puffs and breastmilk. Hopefully no more reactions. BTW to make matters worse I'm allergic to Benadryl. So we can't even give him that.
    Since you mentioned the kitchen floor twice, is it possible that whatever you use to clean the floor is giving him the reaction?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    @HisChamaoleGirl‌ Yes that is possible. We were at my sister's house. She usually just cleans with vinegar and water though. How is your little one? What medicine did they give her if you don't mind me asking? I was told to give DS liquid Claritin. Did your LOs rash come and go after the initial exposure?
  • Options
    @drey1028‌ I can't open the link it is just the photo. I'm sure they will turn out great. It looks like you just have to cut the paper to get the different shapes. Such a good idea :)
  • Options
    @HisChamaoleGirl‌ Yes that is possible. We were at my sister's house. She usually just cleans with vinegar and water though. How is your little one? What medicine did they give her if you don't mind me asking? I was told to give DS liquid Claritin. Did your LOs rash come and go after the initial exposure?

Vinegar and water is what we switched too bc its more natural and that's what DH wanted since LO is on the floor all of the time now.

LO is doing much better now that she isn't eating rice :-) Benedryl and a dose of steroids got rid of the rash all over her body. Then we used triple paste to combat the diaper rash she got from diarrhea from the medicine. Overall, it wasn't a good week for LO but she's doing much better

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    @HisChamaoleGirl‌ I'm glad she is better! I hope you have a much better week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"