Babies on the Brain
Options

Implantation bleeding?

I had sex right during the middle of my projected ovulation and the condom broke. My normal cycle is about 31 days and my last period started on May 19th. The tracker app I use says I'm supposed to start my period on the 21st of this month (tomorrow). A normal period for me looks like: slight cramping for a couple of days to a week before my projected period and then, no matter how light cramps are the day of, as soon as I get my period and insert a tampon they jump up to extremely painful cramps every time. I had cramps so bad a couple of months ago, I nearly passed out. My cramps have been like that as far back as I can remember. The bleeding doesn't gradually build up; as soon as I start, it stays heavy for the first 2-3 days and then it lightens up. Usually, when I first start, I'll notice drops of blood in the toilet after using the restroom and when I wipe, it's very heavy. Wednesday, I was experiencing slight cramps at work (nothing to complain about or medicate) and around lunch time, I went to the restroom and when I wiped, it was a very, very light pink tint. I could barely see it and wiped a second time to confirm. I inserted a tampon and changed it about 3 hours later after I got home and there was barely anything on it. I can usually fill up a super during my first couple of days without any problem. I had used a regular the first time on Wednesday and it didn't even fill it halfway up and for the most part, it was pink and brown. My cramps didn't intensify and neither did the bleeding. Yesterday, my cramps did get worse, but still, nothing to complain about, and bleeding did increase slightly but not by much and it only got heavier for an hour or two. I went to bed and slept about 10 hours and when I woke up and changed my tampon, once again, there was hardly anything on it and it was mostly brown. I went most of the day today without a tampon and I thought bleeding was going to increase so I inserted one and I just changed it, barely two hours later, and once again, not much there and almost all brown discharge. I bought two pregnancy tests today but I'm going to wait til morning to take them. What does this sound like to you all? I'm scared that if I'm not pregnant, something else may be wrong with me. 

A few sidenotes as far as symptoms go: I have had extreme fatigue since I started this so-called "period". I had to leave work early yesterday because I was so exhausted and when I got home, I slept for 5 hours and went to bed last night a few hours later and slept 10 hours. I woke up today, ran some errands in town, felt dizzy and drowsy, went home, and I slept for over 4 hours and I'm still tired. I was so nauseous yesterday morning that I almost had to stop multiple times on the way to work but fortunately, I made it. I had been chocking the nausea up to the coffee I drink, but this morning, I decided to go without to see what would happen and I still experienced it. After eating yesterday after work, I came home and vomited it up, and then proceeded with my 5 hour nap. I just can't get past this unusual exhaustion. I've been feeling like I've been in a constant fog all week. 

Re: Implantation bleeding?

• Options
    Have you taken a pregnancy test to confirm you are not pregnant? 
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    jesshson said:

I had sex right during the middle of my projected ovulation and the condom broke. My normal cycle is about 31 days and my last period started on May 19th. The tracker app I use says I'm supposed to start my period on the 21st of this month (tomorrow). A normal period for me looks like: slight cramping for a couple of days to a week before my projected period and then, no matter how light cramps are the day of, as soon as I get my period and insert a tampon they jump up to extremely painful cramps every time. I had cramps so bad a couple of months ago, I nearly passed out. My cramps have been like that as far back as I can remember. The bleeding doesn't gradually build up; as soon as I start, it stays heavy for the first 2-3 days and then it lightens up. Usually, when I first start, I'll notice drops of blood in the toilet after using the restroom and when I wipe, it's very heavy. Wednesday, I was experiencing slight cramps at work (nothing to complain about or medicate) and around lunch time, I went to the restroom and when I wiped, it was a very, very light pink tint. I could barely see it and wiped a second time to confirm. I inserted a tampon and changed it about 3 hours later after I got home and there was barely anything on it. I can usually fill up a super during my first couple of days without any problem. I had used a regular the first time on Wednesday and it didn't even fill it halfway up and for the most part, it was pink and brown. My cramps didn't intensify and neither did the bleeding. Yesterday, my cramps did get worse, but still, nothing to complain about, and bleeding did increase slightly but not by much and it only got heavier for an hour or two. I went to bed and slept about 10 hours and when I woke up and changed my tampon, once again, there was hardly anything on it and it was mostly brown. I went most of the day today without a tampon and I thought bleeding was going to increase so I inserted one and I just changed it, barely two hours later, and once again, not much there and almost all brown discharge. I bought two pregnancy tests today but I'm going to wait til morning to take them. What does this sound like to you all? I'm scared that if I'm not pregnant, something else may be wrong with me. 

A few sidenotes as far as symptoms go: I have had extreme fatigue since I started this so-called "period". I had to leave work early yesterday because I was so exhausted and when I got home, I slept for 5 hours and went to bed last night a few hours later and slept 10 hours. I woke up today, ran some errands in town, felt dizzy and drowsy, went home, and I slept for over 4 hours and I'm still tired. I was so nauseous yesterday morning that I almost had to stop multiple times on the way to work but fortunately, I made it. I had been chocking the nausea up to the coffee I drink, but this morning, I decided to go without to see what would happen and I still experienced it. After eating yesterday after work, I came home and vomited it up, and then proceeded with my 5 hour nap. I just can't get past this unusual exhaustion. I've been feeling like I've been in a constant fog all week. 
    Take a test. Even if it turns out you're pregnant, your symptoms could be an unrelated illness.

Also, apps like that are just guessing at when you'll ovulate. I recommend trying temping so you can confirm when you've ovulated and then know when to really expect your period in the future. The Trying To Get Pregnant board has a blog with lots of useful information.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DenaMaree said:
    I have not yet. I bought a couple today and I plan on taking one in the morning. 
  • Options
    jesshson said:
    DenaMaree said:
    I have not yet. I bought a couple today and I plan on taking one in the morning. 
    What did the pregnancy test say?
  • Options
    I just took one this morning and it came back negative. So now I'm worried. I had a tampon in overnight while I slept and there was nothing on it when I woke up. This is only supposed to be day 3 of my period..
  • Options
    You could have ovulated later which would make your period start later. I normally spot and have cramps 2-3 days before my period start. But I did have a baby 9 months ago so my periods are still wacky.

But if the test is negative then you're not pregnant at this time. Wait another week and if you period doesn't show then take another test. Do this weekly until you get a positive test or your period. If you get neither for 60 days then go see your doctor and they can give you something to jump start your period.
  • Options
    Holy tl;dr...
    Yet you take the time to comment anyway. Thanks. 
  • Options
    jesshson said:
    I just took one this morning and it came back negative. So now I'm worried. I had a tampon in overnight while I slept and there was nothing on it when I woke up. This is only supposed to be day 3 of my period..

Conan Facepalm

Why the hell are you worried? A negative result means you are not negative at this time. I don't know what all this "supposed to be" talk is about. Your body is not a machine (I feel like a broken record), your are "regular" until you are not. I don't know of a single woman whose cycle is the exact same every single time. Cool your jets, if your really concerned, take another test in a couple of days. If it's negative, I suggest you get yourself on Fertility Friend and invest in "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and educate yourself on your system - otherwise this TTC journey is going to be a painful one for you.

Also: https://tbttgp.wordpress.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"