Special Needs

Unreal. Potty training.

Two weeks ago Ezra's teacher asked if we had been considering potty training. No offense to my ASD, fairly non verbal son... I was a little apprehensivebut we went with it. Their program is quite ridgid to begin with... Pushing fluid all day, 100% underwear, major reinforcement for accidents, scheduled pee times (10 minutes) The first day was about 8 accidents...(get this, they do his laundry!) Second day he held his pee all morning... Then manded for the potty! Omg! No accidents that day... Third day was his asking for the potty (pee now!) and zero accidents... Today - we ventured out on two errands and NO ACCIDENTS! And - HE POOPED ON THE POTTY. I'm in shock. Truly.
Rylee - 3.28.08
Malakai - 8.3.09
Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD

Re: Unreal. Potty training.

• Wonderful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Woohoo!!! That is amazing!
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Loading the player...
  • That is awesome! My son with ASD potty trained himself one day. He just decided he didn't want to go pee in a diaper any more :) I never thought it would go that smoothly.

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That's fantastic!
  • That's spectacular!

• smerkasmerka member
    This gives me hope.
  • Officially jealous.  We've gotten a whole lot of nowhere with Chris and potty training.  He's 4 1/2 now.  Everyone tells me it'll happen when he's ready but I was really hoping he'd be toilet trained by the time he went to school but now, I'm not so sure.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"