3rd Trimester
Options

Old Wives Tales

I'm due tomorrow and have absolutely nothing going on to make me feel like I'm having this baby any time soon. (1cm..no contractions...) So, of course, everyone has some kind of crazy trick that worked for their sisters, best friends, aunts, daughter... The craziest one I have heard is to put hot coffee in the toilet and sit on it. haha.. what are the the craziest old wives tales you have heard to start labor? (not because I'm desperate and looking to try anything... ;) )

Re: Old Wives Tales

• Options
    smfdjosmfdjo member
    LOL.  Sorry that is hilarious
  • Options
    caybehcaybeh member
    I was sitting like you with DS. One day away from his due date, 1 cm dilated. I did have one or two random contractions, but otherwise nada. Then my water broke at midnight of the due date. So you never know! ;)

I don't have any other advice for you, sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never heard the coffee thing, that is really weird lol. I have heard to do jumping jacks, which sounds extremely uncomfortable. 

image    image    

• Options
    Well I ended up being several days late and induced with DS. I wasnt even dilated at all. I dont think anything you do will help but I have heard sex can do it for some. Although we tried sex, tons of walking, nipple stimulation, & spicy foods and nothing really did anything. Baby will come when he/she is ready.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went into labor the night of my due date, but I didn't have lo until the next night... I tried many things.  It will happen when baby is ready. Good luck mama!!!
  • Options
    Odd OWT i was told to do with my son:

1) jump off a curb backwards...
    2) pineapple induces labor, eat and rub juice on nilples (so odd!)
    3) egg plant parm will bring a baby out in 24 hours. (I ate it for 3 weeks)
    4) sit-ups lots of them!

So weird! I only did #3, i started eating it at 38.5 weeks and have my son 2 weeks late! Lol

Good luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    According to Bradley Method (and Harvard), pregnancy is actually 41w1d. Baby will come when baby is ready. DS was born at 40w6d.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    haha I have tried all the above! Well.. I haven't rubbed pineapple on my nipples. lol But im fresh out of pineapple. I finally started having some good contractions today and am slowly losing my mucus plug. Im also finally not working so I have been able to relax so being passed my due date doesn't bother me as much. Without sounding too much like mary poppins... im just trying to take in my last few days of feeling her move and being as close as possible :) 

.....not saying if my water broke right now I wouldn't jump for freakin joy!! 
  • Options
    I have also heard mow the lawn. But suspect this was just some husband trying to get out of a chore... ;) 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"