Babies on the Brain
Options

Period bleeding but pregnant?

Hey, lurker here. I know y'all can't see into my uterus so I'm not going to ask if you think I'm pregnant. But I had sex around when I believed I was ovulating and then two weeks later had symptoms that could have been pregnancy or PMS. I then bled for about 3-4 days that was light medium light, like a normal period so I assumed I wasn't pregnant. But I'm still dead tired all the time and having cravings and such. Is it possible to have bleeding that is red and medium/heavy and still be pregnant? I don't know if any of you have had similar experiences or not so I thought I'd ask.

Re: Period bleeding but pregnant?

• Options
    It's possible to have heavy bleeding and still be pregnant, but probably not likely. If you think you might be pregnant the only way to know for sure is to take a test.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Not likely, but possible.  Take a test.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

Can I ask why you HAVEN'T taken a test? Wouldn't that be your FIRST step?

Well I was waiting till I had a missed period so I didn't waste anything and then I had what I thought was my period. I just wanted to see if anyone on here had similar experiences and still had a viable pregnancy.
  • Options
    As often as I've heard of woman who go a full nine months without even knowing they are pregnant I can only assume its very possible to have cycles and still be pregnant. I know I've read at least a few interviews where the Lady's said they had what the assumed was normal periods, etc and were heavy any way so this is why they never suspected they were pregnant.
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    DenaMaree said:

As often as I've heard of woman who go a full nine months without even knowing they are pregnant I can only assume its very possible to have cycles and still be pregnant. I know I've read at least a few interviews where the Lady's said they had what the assumed was normal periods, etc and were heavy any way so this is why they never suspected they were pregnant.

I suppose you're right. I thought that show was hoohash but it would be my luck I would be one of those women lol.
  • Options
    Ok, let me rephrase..you can have bleeding that may seems similar to your cycle! Personally, my Cousin's wife did go almost five months into her pregnancy with two consecutive days of "heavier" bleeding and a couple of days of spotting with menstraul like cramping. She realized she wasn't able to get her stomach to stay semi flat and took a pregnancy test. When it came back positive she made an appointment with an OB and was beyond shocked to learn she was already nearing nineteen weeks. 
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    It's a good idea to take a test just in case, but as some one who's really really good at thinking she's pregnant (you know like despite having sex at the wrong time and using a condom), I would warn you not to get your hopes up.

Try to think of other reasons that you might be tired, ie summer heat, changed eating habits. Also, cravings can come at anytime. I have wax pepper and pickle cravings frequently, but have never once been pregnant. Of course, everyone is different.

Pregnancy symptoms are so unfortunately similar to bad pms, stress or sleep deprivation that when you want a baby badly what seemed to be ice cream cravings before is now incontrovertible evidence. Also, your cycle can change as you get older, leading to more confusion.

Amenorrhea is the number one pregnancy symptom, so the people who give birth without ever knowing they were pg are a big exception. Better to think of yourself as the rule. 
    You are very right. I've come to the point where every twinge is "I'm pregnant!" but I suppose I'm afraid to give that way of thinking up because I don't want to be one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" girls. This was the first time I was still feeling off after a period so that's why I was concerned. I did take a test yesterday afternoon and it was negative so I'm just going to assume it was my mind once again getting hopeful.
  • Options
    Not actively, no but that's due to me and hubby not being on same page. But my mind still plays tricks since I want one now.
  • Options
    cmelliott said:
    Not actively, no but that's due to me and hubby not being on same page. But my mind still plays tricks since I want one now.
    Wait -- you two had sex around the time you think you ovulated -- and he doesn't want a baby. Did you use birth control? 
    According to prior posts (March she asked when to test for pregnancy) she ditched BC and was NFP/pull and pray so I'd guess no. She was also advised in November to stay away from TB since she asked how to tame her baby fever (H is far from on board, they agreed to wait a few years/accomplish certain things first).
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    cmelliottcmelliott member
    edited June 2014
    cmelliott said:
    Wait -- you two had sex around the time you think you ovulated -- and he doesn't want a baby. Did you use birth control? 
    Yes, we're using back up methods when I'm ovulating. Doesn't mean back up methods can't fail, which was my thought process.
  • Options
    cmelliottcmelliott member
    edited June 2014
    cmelliott said:
    cmelliott said:
    Yes, we're using back up methods when I'm ovulating. Doesn't mean back up methods can't fail, which was my thought process.
    Wow.. Good luck with your H's resentment if you get Pg when he's not ready.
    Why would he resent me if it was an accident? We're using back up methods when I'm ovulating. I thought there was a possibility that back up method had failed when I was still feeling weird after a period so I came on here to ask if anyone had heavy bleeding and still ended up pregnant afterwards before. I didn't want to waste a test if there was zero possibility. This was the sequence of events. And clearly I was just crazy and feeling things that weren't there. If I truly didn't care if he resented me I would just get pregnant on the sly but I would never want to jeopardize our relationship for that. I respect his wishes and that he's not ready.

edited to add more
  • Options
    @cmeilliot there's nothing wrong with wanting a baby, but it's important to be clear with your partner about what you want. Some men feel tricked even with accidents (although it's not as if you can make the condom break with mind power). Have you guys set a timeline yet?

It seems from what other posters have said that you might already have a child with this man. If this is the case, you might want to talk to him about how many children you guys want and what fears he has about ttc again. Don't hesitate to let him know what you're feeling. It's important that both of you feel satisfied in the relationship.    

Resentment can come from having a baby when you're not ready (him) or not having a baby when you would like to (you). Unfortunately, when babies come into question, it's an all or none situation. There's not a lot of room for compromise - like a part time baby =)
    No, we don't have any children. I am 22 and he is 23. We don't have a specific timeline but he wants to go back to school so I'd say that's the closest we have to one yet. I think our issue is we're in different spots in our life. I'm out of school and have a career and he's still in a job he's bored with and wants to go back to school. I explained that he could have a child and go to school but at this point he just sees children as burdens, while I see them as a gift. I have no issue waiting for him, as I said previously I completely respect his wishes and would never want him to resent me. However, me feeling ready for a child makes it always on my brain. Which is why I lurk in babies on the brain lol. I come on here because it's a community of people who feel the same as I do.
  • Options

1) Take a test - that will tell you if you are pregnant

2) If your hubby doesn't want kids right now - why the hell are you using the "pull out" method!?! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"