Attachment Parenting
Options

2 questions

First question: what do you look for to determine when a child is ready to move out of the crib and into a toddler bed? Second question: what would you do if your LO cried every time you took him/her to PT and OT.....and would only calm down when sitting on your lap/ being held by you, even though you are sitting a couple feet away and in sight?

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: 2 questions

• Options
    In answer to the first question, everyone's different, but for us, we're waiting till he can crawl out of his crib.  At 2.5 he has no inclination to do so, and we have no inclination to move him.  The crib is so much better for all of us.

I can't help with the second part since my son isn't in PT or OT, but that doesn't sound terribly strange to me.  You're probably anxious at those appointments, and kids pick up on that.  How long have you been going?  Is it still new and scary for your child?
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In answer to the first question, everyone's different, but for us, we're waiting till he can crawl out of his crib.  At 2.5 he has no inclination to do so, and we have no inclination to move him.  The crib is so much better for all of us.

I can't help with the second part since my son isn't in PT or OT, but that doesn't sound terribly strange to me.  You're probably anxious at those appointments, and kids pick up on that.  How long have you been going?  Is it still new and scary for your child?

He has been seeing the same PT and OT since the first few days of April.....2x per week. I'm not anxious at these appointments.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know about the first question, but the second is pretty much what we experienced - well, not in OT/PT, since that was when she was only a few weeks old and for feeding.  She's an introvert, and it's taken her a LONG time to get comfortable with someone.  If you see these people multiple times a week, and have been doing that for months, I might be more concerned.  But having had an introvert for a baby, yeah... they don't often like being apart (even by a few feet) from momma.  Of course, if you don't trust the OT/PT, then do switch!
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, regarding the OT/PT question.....figured out that it was related to him not feeling good. Once dr finally started treating him for upper respiratory infection with possible ear infection he started being his normal opinionated self during OT/PT. It only took 3.5 weeks to get pediatrician to agree that he had something worse than a simple cold due to lack of fever. Also, we have decided that keeping him in his crib a while longer is the better option.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"